How Motorola plans to pull away from the Android pack.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
...Android needs to be a standard experience across all platforms/devices or average Americans are not going to embrace it in the way they have embraced the iPhone...

I know. I like this. You like this. But I am not sure the average American likes it.

The 3.7 million people who activated Android phones in the 48 hours of Christmas Eve/Day and the 700,000 people activating Android devices per week are most likely going to disagree with you. Android seems to be doing just fine with its fragmented experience.

rherron

Reaction score
I hope you're right. I'm a fan. I would be interested to know the figures for iPhones.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The 3.7 million people who activated Android phones in the 48 hours of Christmas Eve/Day and the 700,000 people activating Android devices per week are most likely going to disagree with you. Android seems to be doing just fine with its fragmented experience.

Yeah, people are quite comfortable now shopping for computers, tv's and other tech. No reason to think Android is something they're afraid of and revert 20 years consumer learning. As if the internet doesn't exist when it comes to buying smartphones.

pyro6128

Reaction score
I think a good point was made that a lot of people (average consumer) doesnt realize that there are android devices of varying quality. I've had friends with budget or midrange devices (lg ally, samsung stratosphere) ask me why their phones don't look or perform the way my galaxy nexus does. Well its because they have decided to buy a midrange device. People also like to compare their experience with a low budget android device and use that as a barometer for the rest of android. You get what you pay for. If you are going to get a budget device, you have to expect a budget experience to some degree. If on the other hand you buy a top tier device and its still not functioning properly, then I can understand your frustration.

edit: and to the user above's point, I dont really understand why people don't realize that if you spend a lot less on a budget phone it won't perform the same. With almost all other forms of technology, people understand that you need to shop around, and if you cheap out, you get less quality. No one expects a 23" poloroid lcd tv to look and perform like a 50" Sony LED tv. Why this should be different with phones is beyond me.

Last edited:

gator57

Reaction score
While I'm sure that Moto wants to be the industry leader in their field, I believe that their equipment should work as advertised. My Razrs hotspot doesn't work correctly because it's overwhelmed by certain web sites. So because Moto didn't do their homework I have a phone that doesn't work correctly. This isn't Verizon's fault but certainly they knew this flaw existed but yet let an inferior piece of equipment out in the field. Would Apple have done the same thing....maybe, but look at what Apple did when they had antenna problems they took action. Apple had some problems with the 4s look what they did, a fix within a couple of weeks. Now Moto has this hotspot problem and the fix has been planned for mid Feb? Huh? Really? If you want to be a leader act like it. I like the Razr over all I don't have the battery problems other people have probably because I'm not a heavy user but still I continue to get more out of the phone everyday and enjoy it. Apple continues to wow people and android continues to be on the cutting edge, people like cutting edge but we want to be wowed also with equipment that works. Is it possible that android software is growing to fast and not leaving enough time for stability? This might not be the correct thread to air this sentiment but I felt compelled to write. Good day.