how many...

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
phones do i need to brick in one week before i call it a bad week? lol
thanks to liberty i am at 2 :( first one had issues after installing liberty so i sbf resulting in terminal boot loop. 2nd phone (2 days old lol) installed liberty fine, *228 a while after to update roaming, it beeped while programming then rebooted. booted up to no data service. tried for an hour to fix it then sbf, same result as first time, terminal boot loop.
no more liberty for me....

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
after you flash an sbf and end up in a bootloop, all you need to do is do a data wipe in stock recovery...

chrisl20

Reaction score
Spaz is correct completely....u unnecessarily got a new phone...err..two, new phones...sorry man.... ..the search button here is a persons best friend...I've learned that on my own and havnt truely bricked yet....hell, I wish I bricked phones...instead all my phones end up dying a more...violent, death lol

kickasz23

Reaction score
also they second isnt bricked there is an error with the data on liberty there is a fix under d2 global roms on

OP
bweN diorD

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
after you flash an sbf and end up in a bootloop, all you need to do is do a data wipe in stock recovery...

i couldnt get to recovery, i tried for an hour.

thanks

OP
bweN diorD

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Spaz is correct completely....u unnecessarily got a new phone...err..two, new phones...sorry man.... ..the search button here is a persons best friend...I've learned that on my own and havnt truely bricked yet....hell, I wish I bricked phones...instead all my phones end up dying a more...violent, death lol

on the first one it was looping on the liberty logo after i sbf, and the sbf failed at the end where it installs the radio stuff.

this one from yesterday, is looping on the droid banner after sbf, and i cant get recovery to open.

if it isnt bricked i would like to fix it, but i cant get recovery to open.

thanks

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score

thanks
Are you referring to clockwork recovery? You dont need clockwork in this case. Simply hold x on the keyboard, with the phone off, and hit the power button. This will boot you in to the stock android recovery where you can do a wipe.

I to got a bootloop from the sbf just with in the last hour. Out of instinct alone I tried booting the stock recovery, wiped, and got right back in to the stock ROM no problem.

OP
bweN diorD

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

thanks
Are you referring to clockwork recovery? You dont need clockwork in this case. Simply hold x on the keyboard, with the phone off, and hit the power button. This will boot you in to the stock android recovery where you can do a wipe.

I to got a bootloop from the sbf just with in the last hour. Out of instinct alone I tried booting the stock recovery, wiped, and got right back in to the stock ROM no problem.

i tried and tried yesterday, then i tried some more lol and couldnt get that recovery to open..... today, second try ....

looks like i have a backup phone now lol
thanks

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Could you be more specific. You say it doesnt open, so what does the phone do if you try to power on while holding x?

OP
bweN diorD

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Could you be more specific. You say it doesnt open, so what does the phone do if you try to power on while holding x?

on the first phone it did nothing (i dont have this phone any more), as i said the sbf "failed" towards the end. in my opinion the failure caused some software corruption that couldnt be fixed. after it looped i couldnt get to any recovery no matter what i did.

on the second phone, yesterday, it either froze on the moto logo or looped, i couldnt get the recovery to open.
today on the the same phone after several tries it worked. i got to the stock recovery, wiped and now its working fine.

im kinda glad i have 2 working phones now, no worries if i toast one lol

thanks

chrisl20

Reaction score
For the record...it isn't JUST holding x and booting up....as soon as ur boot logo comes up, let go of x and power and hit the hard magnifying glass to the left of the space bar....I was stuck at that same spot because everyone was directing me incorrectly