how many people have switched to rommanager? any issues

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by actngrezy, Apr 13, 2010.

1. actngrezy

actngrezy New Member Developer

I was thinking of switching from sprecovery to rom manager w clockwork. Just wondering how many have done this and was the switch easy if not what kind of issues did you run into with the new recovery system? I wasnt sure if the clockwork just overwrites sprecoey or if you have to do something special first?
  2. Flomaster

Flomaster Premium Member Premium Member

3. cole20444

cole20444 New Member

I haven't had any issues. Rom manager is great and all you have to do is download it from the market and flash clockworkmod recovery. This just replaces SPRecovery. If you install Rom manager and don't like clockworkmod recovery you can always use DM Updater to flash back to SPRecovery. But i've been happy thus far. RM provides you with alot of cool options and makes it easy to install new kernels, themes, and ROMS. It also lets you install Cyanogenmod, which IMHO is the best ROM.
  4. Flomaster

Flomaster Premium Member Premium Member

Rom manger will Flash the "other" recovery for you no need for what ever DM updater you speak of.

and once Koush gets his Any kernel set up and his theme option ROM is going to be UNTOUCHABLE as if it wasn't already now...

just sayin'

-=Jason=-
  5. cole20444

cole20444 New Member

I've never had a need to flash back to SPRecovery but thats good to know you can do it within Rom manager.

Also, that will be f'n awesome when Koush supplies a theme option rom. 5.0.5.7 is sooooo sweet!
  6. Dmoralize

Dmoralize New Member

I switched from SPrecovery to the Rom Manager w/clockwork. Had no problems. Then actually used the Rom Manager to flash back to SPrecovery at the moment. It's all a very seemless and simple process.

I've always been using the Bugless Beast roms and using SPrecovery to do nandroid restores. So that's the method i'm partial too. I'll play with the Rom Manager a little more once the next BB comes out.
  7. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

One of the reasons I have Rom Manager is cuz u can easily switch back n forth between the 2 recovery systems.
  8. actngrezy

actngrezy New Member Developer

Now if i switch are the old backups i made are still useable? Im just use to sprecovery and havent had any issues but the new bb will be available through rom manager so i would like to try it especially if updates will come through rom manager as oppose to always going onto the computer and using the update.zip method
    Also so you guys are saying you can switch back and forth between recovery systems so obviously it is possible to use sprecovery with rom manager correct? And do i have to get the paid version of rom manager......i did read the tips page
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  9. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

The old backups should be fine. Just remember SP Recovery for back ups made with SP. Even if there is a way to make one back up work for another recovery system, just keep it simple. And I dont know if this is considered a good thing to do, but sometimes I download stuff thru my Droid phone. Then I use Root Explorer to rename files if I have to rename. (I heard Astro manager renames files too, but for some reason I could only rename folders.) It may or may not take longer to DL files thru the phone, but the convenience when I'm at work or out n about cant be beat.

While u can switch to SPRecovery with Rom Manager, u cant download ROMS thru Rom Manager with SP flashed. Not sure about the other Rom Manager options. (I hate trying to answer stuff without my phone....) But, u can still flash to SP Recovery and use it manually to install ROMS.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  10. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

I switched to rom manager about a week or so after I rooted my droid, I havent had a problem with either rom manager or CR since then.
  11. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

iv used rom manager since the beginning and never had a problem even when it was getting updated 20 times a day