How many people actually use a screen protector?

eidian

Reaction score
I just took my screen protector off and can't believe how crystal clear the the display is! I'm going to trust the 3/16" lip that my Diztronic cover has to protect the screen.

I've had my Xoom for nine months now and the screen is still scratch free so I feel pretty good about not using a protector on the phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
On my OG Droid, I used a screen protector for about the first year, and naked for the second year, and when I upgraded the screen was completely scratch free. So far, I have been using my Razr with no screen protector, but I do have it in a case. I am extremely cautious about having my phone in a pocket all by itself, and when possible I prefer to keep it in a jacket pocket as opposed to pants. I also keep a microfiber cloth on me at all times for smudges and dust.

I never had much of a problem with the feel of screen protectors, and I just used what you can purchase from Verizon. However, I do prefer the naked feel to that of a screen protector.

Josebunbury

Reaction score
The salesman at the Verizon store recommended that I use a screen protector. It's better to use protection.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Amen to that..!!! I also got a screen protector for mine just cause I get a discount thru work, I like to keep those screens as good as I can..

Teeka123

Reaction score
I have always used the screen protectors and change about once a year. Not only to protect the glass, but I wear makeup which tends to rub off on the screen.

azdrifter

Reaction score
The salesman at the Verizon store recommended that I use a screen protector. It's better to use protection.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Just remember they are salesmen first and they would recommend a bomb shelter for your phone if they had one in stock.

Zandar

Reaction score
RAZR, OG Droid, Streak 7 all naked. Nothing looks or feels as good with protection on, right?

Sliced from my RAZR

Agoofydiver

Reaction score
RAZR, OG Droid, Streak 7 all naked. Nothing looks or feels as good with protection on, right?

Sliced from my RAZR

Amen to that! Had my OG naked for 2 years and not even a hint of a scratch. Going the same route with the razr. Get a smudge? Just fog it up with your breath and rub it on your T-shirt! Then shove it in your pocket (the one without your keys) LOL it's tougher than you think.

pinoy_92

Reaction score
a screen protector came with my otterbox commuter case. i didnt know about it, so i figured why waste it.

nikecar

Reaction score
a screen protector came with my otterbox commuter case. i didnt know about it, so i figured why waste it.

+1

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

DroidDex2

Reaction score
I recently changed from a Droid 2 to the D3 and have yet to supply any sort of protection yet. I personally recommend the Invisi Shield. Although pricey, they come not only just for screens, but they will do a front and back cover and guarantee no damage after removal. They are quite a bit more expensive than standard plasticy ones you'll get from your service provider, but in my experience they are well worth it. They have more of a rubbery texture yet don't restrict and screen interactions. Also, any scratch that may show on the protector will simply wipe away, and unlike standard protection, any invisishield stand will replace it free if it starts to peel or malfunctions in any way. Or if it feels like its getting old, they replace them for $5 a side ($5 for the screen, $5 for the back if you get that package).
Truly, I prefer the Shield over any case being that cases heavily restrict any top row on physical qwerty devices, they also collect sand and dirt in the nooks. My Droid2 was Shielded for the entirety of its life and looks bran-new underneath, minus the corners of course. And as an added bonus, they will professionally apply it to your phone at the stand free of charge.

iguanad

Reaction score
I just switched from the screen protector that Verizon provided to a Luxmo screen protector. It is much clearer and more smudge resistant.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I use the one that came with my Ottorbox Commuter case and glad I do. The other night I was playing basketball and had my phone in my hat and threw my keys in as well. The keys hit the screen just right and poked two holes in the screen protector, hopefully the screen underneath is undamaged. I order some Steinheil Ultra off of Amazon and they should be here in a few days for replacement.

blaten22

Reaction score
I recently changed from a Droid 2 to the D3 and have yet to supply any sort of protection yet. I personally recommend the Invisi Shield. Although pricey, they come not only just for screens, but they will do a front and back cover and guarantee no damage after removal. They are quite a bit more expensive than standard plasticy ones you'll get from your service provider, but in my experience they are well worth it. They have more of a rubbery texture yet don't restrict and screen interactions. Also, any scratch that may show on the protector will simply wipe away, and unlike standard protection, any invisishield stand will replace it free if it starts to peel or malfunctions in any way. Or if it feels like its getting old, they replace them for $5 a side ($5 for the screen, $5 for the back if you get that package).
Truly, I prefer the Shield over any case being that cases heavily restrict any top row on physical qwerty devices, they also collect sand and dirt in the nooks. My Droid2 was Shielded for the entirety of its life and looks bran-new underneath, minus the corners of course. And as an added bonus, they will professionally apply it to your phone at the stand free of charge.

Is this the one from zagg? Do you still have the link?