How many of you would get another X

Comptrgeek

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Just had my X for a week and absolutely love it. Soooo glad that I went this way. Was going to wait for the Bionic, but wasn't loving the rumors about paying more for 4g. The phone is fast, thin, and AWESOME imo..

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
My .02, get an incredible. Blows the X away with two words..."unlocked bootlader". Not to mention better display and sense. Blur is absolute garbage.

sent from my 2.3.3 GB Incredible

NattyBee

Reaction score
I had a D1 but bought my X in October because I broke my D1...at first I wasn't so thrilled...the Motoblur is way different than stock Android...but I rooted after 2 days, stumbled through a few roms until I found DarkSlide, and now I must say I would definitely buy the DX again. With DarkSlide I have no need to Overclock, everything is fast/smooth/stable...very rarely ever do I get random reboots... I love the large screen...the stock DX keyboard sucks, but it's easy to switch keyboards, so I now run a custom version of the Gingerbread keyboard (matches DarkSlide, YES!)...this phone is easily the best i've ever owned. ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

NattyBee

Reaction score
My .02, get an incredible. Blows the X away with two words..."unlocked bootlader". Not to mention better display and sense. Blur is absolute garbage.

sent from my 2.3.3 GB Incredible
My buddy has an incredible...its ok... people make such a big deal out of the bootloader, but i've been completely satisfied with what the Dev community has provided for the DX...many roms offer option of blurless, or in the case of DarkSlide, we have blurless which is really lite blur...just enough to allow full power of the X ;)

The incredible is definitely a cool phone, but I personally chose the X over it because for me, X is way cooler :p

mrgigabyte

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 8
I would with no problem

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yes, so would I, and the two others in my family with droid xs would also.

RVC

Reaction score
I love mine....if it had a FF camera I would never get rid of it. After I rooted it and put the rubix rom on it it is very quick and smooth.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I love my X. Sure we don't have custom kernals, but the ROM's that are out are great. If I was still waiting right now, the Thunderbolt is basically the same as the X, a little bit better, and is a week or two away (yes, for real this time).

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
Nah, X is too similar to the D1.
in the fact they are both "droid" branded and run android 2.2.1...oh and they are both black

the X is an amazing phone...top of the line for verizon. if FF cameras and 4G are not that important there really wont be anything that much better for at least a year IMO.

if you want those new features, i would wait. the OG droid probably feels really slow (i know mine did) but it works, and does what you want it to do. if you are going to sign the next 2 years of your life away, make sure to get something you REALLY like....not just something different.

if my contract was up today, i would probalby wait....the DX is a great phone, and does everything i throw at it and begs for more...but my next phone has to have a FF camera.

True, 4G isn't that important for me as I live in a small town. Plus I hear that the 4G data plans will be tiered. I love my X, I think it's one of the best investments I've made. I've had my X for a little over six months now, and the actual physical changes I would make to it are all seen in the Bionic (Being a bit more monolithic and I prefer the soft keys rather than the hard keys, dualcore, FF camera. Although like I mentioned, 4G isn't important to me... yet). I would wait a little while to see what kind of reviews the Bionic is getting and also to see if it has an unlocked bootloader. That would be a huge selling point for me...

Amazonfemme

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VS985
I love mine....if it had a FF camera I would never get rid of it.

This. I really want the FF camera, so I'll probably get the Bionic when my contract's up. That won't be until July of next year, so I'll have plenty of time to research the Bionic's upside and downside.

If it weren't for the FF camera, I'd probably keep the X until it died.

NattyBee

Reaction score
I love mine....if it had a FF camera I would never get rid of it. After I rooted it and put the rubix rom on it it is very quick and smooth.

FF camera?

**edit** nevermind...stupid question...

eriscrazy

Reaction score
I would ten times over this phone is amazing.. and I'm not buying into the 4g BS, it just does not seem appealing to me... and I wont get 4 g service till the end of Tue world anyways so ill stick with my amazing droidx

Sent from my Liberated Droid X!

Mule65

Reaction score
Nah, X is too similar to the D1.

Similar because they both have physical keyboards...oh wait they dont. Or the same screen size, oh nevermind. Or the same processor speed, no again. Same amount of RAM...not at all, cameras....nope...

Dude, the 2 phones are nothing alike.

Dude, my reply was for the OP and you're taking it out of context.

boxerdrummer

Reaction score
Would get another X with a quickness.

Red Dragons

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hi Boxerdrummer
I would race down to vzw to get another one also and read on another thread that someone was told that the x was discontinued...how sad if that's true:-(( I got mine last december and my husband got a droid 2 global which seems to be glitchy and has been a less than happy experience for him.My last phone was a2004 flip phone and because I'm a computer dummy I was afraid to get a smartphone. When it broke I was panicked and decided to get an x because my son liked his and could tutor. But I took to it and didn't need lessons (lol) The rest is history!