How many GB per month do you use? Particularly with wireless tether

B

bens42608

How many GB do you use per month? Especially if using wireless tether. Right now I am at about 20 GB and I was just curious if this is alot compared to other people. Im sure there's already a thread about this somewhere but I searched and could not find one. I use wireless tether constantly for my laptop...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
I'm using my phone as my primary internet while squatting on an air-mattress in a house that won't sell (long story), and I consumed 10gb last month.

OP
B

bens42608

Im also using it as my primary internet when im home. I just hope Verizon never penalizes anyone for doing this for free. Obv I am grandfathered into true unlimited data

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i use aroun 10 gig a month . but i do not do all that much tethering .. just a lot of netflix watching.

texas200

Reaction score
70GB last month, 4G and Netflix HD rocks! I do not know how anyone could use a smartphone without unlimited data.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx (with plenty of 4g battery power left)

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
70GB last month, 4G and Netflix HD rocks! I do not know how anyone could use a smartphone without unlimited data.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx (with plenty of 4g battery power left)

Save the streaming for wifi. 2 lines on my account COMBINE for less than 20 MB (yes MB) mobile data every month. I stream music daily on 3G and I have yet to touch 2 GB in a month. I do all the heavy stuff on wifi. I'm grandfathered and not in a 4G area. Maybe if I were in a 4G area, I'd turn that wifi off and experience some speed. :icon_ devil:

jayman350

Reaction score
I ate up 18Gb last month without really trying. I think the most I've ever used was around 40-50 during football season, having the Red Zone and NFL Network right there was awesome and the picture is probably better than my SD TV at home. I use tethering every once in a while, even then it is tethering my kindle fire and not a computer, 4G speed is unreal...when it works.

I completely agree that I couldn't own a smartphone without having unlimited data.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

wseyller

Reaction score
I use about the 10 to 30 GB a month. Just depends I guess. 4g is my only Internet access at home. I do most of my heavy downloading on my slower 6 mbit connection at my office, which I have downloaded about 150GB this past week.

Sent from my AXI0M AOKP using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Right now I am at about 20 GB and I was just curious if this is alot compared to other people.
Its a lot compared to some people and it's nothing compared to other people. Some use 200mb, other use 600gb. I wouldn't worry about it till you break a terabyte mark.

wseyller

Reaction score
Its a lot compared to some people and it's nothing compared to other people. Some use 200mb, other use 600gb. I wouldn't worry about it till you break a terabyte mark.

At least we now know where to draw the line, lol.

Sent from my AXI0M AOKP using Tapatalk

ppipowerclass

Reaction score
Soon as I have GOOD 4g at home, I am going to give my cable internet the BOOT ( or atleast have it turned WAY down so I can still play FPS online with decent ping times ). I currently have 30mb service at home, but 4g with a good "not wanna be 2g/3g combo radio", is damn fast. ( my dad engineers a lot of cell sites for AT&T, Sprint and Verizon... So I know their dirty little tricks )