how many chargers do you have?

CBLJazz

Reaction score
we all love everything about the droid except the battery life.
i notice that certain tasks drain the battery quickly like:
music & video streaming from pandora/ youtube and google navigation.

instead of getting the ridiculously large extended battery i've opted for several chargers.

One by my bed, one in the car, one in my gym bag and the one that came with the droid.

Amazon.com: OEM Rapid Car Charger + OEM Home Travel Charger for Verizon Motorola Droid A855 Cell Phone: Cell Phones & Service

How many do you have?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Just the one.

My car has an AC outlet, so I take my original wall charger with me when I think I'll be away from home for a long time. If it's not with me, it's by my nightstand to charge while I sleep.

toddegreene

Reaction score
we all love everything about the droid except the battery life.
i notice that certain tasks drain the battery quickly like:
music & video streaming from pandora/ youtube and google navigation.

instead of getting the ridiculously large extended battery i've opted for several chargers.

One by my bed, one in the car, one in my gym bag and the one that came with the droid.

Amazon.com: OEM Rapid Car Charger + OEM Home Travel Charger for Verizon Motorola Droid A855 Cell Phone: Cell Phones & Service

How many do you have?

Great minds think alike.

justbob

Reaction score
I have two media docks (one at home, one at work) and a car charger.

Note: I decided to go with a Rocketfish USB adapter instead of the OEM "Wall wart on a stick." I have had no problems with it so far.

riahon

Reaction score
One on my night stand, in the den, in our luggage, a charging dock beside my laptop and a car charger. LOL.......and a couple in storage as backups.

sstamilio

Reaction score
Three, original at home, car charger and the one that came with my Bluetooth Headphones. Four if you count the USB cord that I leave at work.

frankieg22x

Reaction score
the usb wall mount that came with the phone, another usb that i leave at work, and the charger from my env touch

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
One in the hamshack (ham radio/computer); one on the nightstand with my multimedia dock, one at work, and the DC connector in the car.

lmapp

Reaction score
I've got an ac charger bed-side and a car charger. At work, I've got a micro-usb cable (about $2.00) that I plug in when I'm at my desk.

I've never actually needed to use the car charger. A few well-placed micro-usb cables will work wonders if you spend any amount of time in front of a computer.

Rettocs

Reaction score
I've got an ac charger bed-side and a car charger. At work, I've got a micro-usb cable (about $2.00) that I plug in when I'm at my desk.

I've never actually needed to use the car charger. A few well-placed micro-usb cables will work wonders if you spend any amount of time in front of a computer.

That's pretty much the route I go, as well. I just use the USB ports of computers more often than the wall AC outlets.

Silver Member
Reaction score
dock at home, dock at work, dock in car, and the oem charger that i use for travel/USB tasks.

however;

i only dock at home when i go to bed.
i dock at work if i'm streaming music.
i only dock in car if using nav/streaming music.

i still don't get why people gripe about the battery life. the battery is excellent. i've gone 4+ hrs streaming pandora while painting. basically the phone stays in my pocket and i never turn it on. the other day i streamed pandora while cleaning. 2.5hrs on my surround sound and the battery barely flinched.

Palmyra

Reaction score
4 chargers. One for the car, one in my office, one in the bedroom, and one in the kitchen. The car's and 2 other are from previous Motorola phones.

When the Droid is being used as a phone I keep it in the kitchen and connected via bluetooth to the cordless phone system we use in the house.

Big Cam

Reaction score
I ahve the media dock at work, and the original charger at home at my bedside incase I need it, plus a rapid car charger. My phone is pretty much always charged,

LastBoyScout

Reaction score
I have kept every USB wall/car charger adapter that I have purchased. When i got a droid, i purchased several micro usb to usb cables.

I have 1 car charger, 1 car charger for traveling, 4 wall chargers, and then 4 extra usb cables (1 for my work pc, 1 for home pc, one for laptop, and a spare)

While your at it, i would pick up some 6 foot micro usb cables off of Amazon. i think i paid around $2 - $3 for each one.