How many battery removal resets have you done?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have pulled the battery twice, the first time was to check my build date, and the second was part of my procedure while testing the car-home/dockrunner bug to see if the media dock causes the same behavior, it does.
What bug are you referring to?? I also have a car dock.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never had to.

My wife's Storm on the other hand... every other day or so, and she doesn't really even use it if she doesn't have to.
How the heck did you manage to go every other day with the Storm? Mine was minimum once a day with I had my Storm.

bbtkd

Reaction score
I had to once--but that was after I was letting all the juice run out (conditioning) and it wouldn't come back to life until I physically removed the battery. Its been running like a champ since. My previous phone I had to do it a couple times a week (Samsung i-760 running WinMobile).

- Mega

Lithium Ion batteries do not require conditioning, it does nothing. Only early nicads had memory effect and required conditioning.

To stay on topic, no battery pulls since I got it on the day of release.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Jeez I probably pull it every other day at least. Sometimes more than once a day. However I'm insane and add and remove widgets and load tons of apps on it. I find a pull get's me back to the state I want faster.

With the blackberry I did it all the time.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had the Droid since 11/6 and have had to maybe 3 times...twice the same day. Those two were, I think, related to the camera. At any rate I had just used the camera.

allikanbe

Reaction score
I've had the Droid for weeks ang have about 45 apps. I've never had to pull the battery. Lucky, I guess.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Once in one months time. This is not a blackberry, battery pull not required.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
Never done a battery pull, never done a reboot, never done a hard reset. The only reason it's ever powered off in the time I've owned it is I forgot to put it on the charger and the battery went dead overnight.

styx

Reaction score
I got my Droid on the 17th and haven't had to...yet.

jasonb

Reaction score
I've had my Droid since Dec 6th and have never had to pull the battery. Ive restarted the phone a couple times but that's it.

fishepa

Reaction score
I've had to reset mine quite a few times after general lock-ups.