How many are still running 2.1

G

G8GT594

So, how many of you are staying with 2.1?

From what I can tell, 2.2 is almost not worth the trouble in updating?

kk4df

Reaction score
I'm still running 2.1 rooted. I may upgrade to 2.3.15, but not likely the OTA version. Or maybe FlyX.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Mavix

Reaction score
I am still on 2.1 and rooted. Started the download (but have not installed it) then realized that it will unroot my phone and I haven't figured a way to root it once it's 2.2- FML.

zachcr250

Reaction score
I am also on 2.1. I can't even install the 2.2 (leaked version) from rom manager. I don't know what is up. Verizon is actually sending me a new phone because I can't do the update.

Last edited:

guyinlaca

Reaction score
I'm rooted and Clockwork Recovery prevents me from doing the OTA update.

That said, I don't really care about Flash support, I don't like the 2.2 volume control implementation (Can only have vibrate OR silent available in the volume control, must enter the settings menu each time), and many have said the 2.2 update has many other issues.

2.1 is running very smoothly for me with few glitches. I'd hate to flash 2.2, have something go wrong and be forced to accept a FRU.

If anything, I will wait until the bugs in 2.2 are worked out, then take the steps to get to it then.

Chaosds

Reaction score
Still 2.1 but only because I am still not getting 2.2 update either pushed or checking manually.