How Many Android Devices Have You Owned?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
She will take down the forum if she post her list.. Lmao!

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not to be competitive, ;) but I think I'll have everyone beat. It might be close on the number of *different* devices, but in sheer quantity, I'm pretty sure it'll be an embarrassment... And I'm talking for me... It'll show how bad my problem is. :)

Will try and quantify and put it up here in a bit. :eek:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Not to be competitive, ;) but I think I'll have everyone beat. It might be close on the number of *different* devices, but in sheer quantity, I'm pretty sure it'll be an embarrassment... And I'm talking for me... It'll show how bad my problem is. :)

Will try and quantify and put it up here in a bit. :eek:

I was just going off the number of different devices, but if we're talking about the number of actual separate devices, including multiples of the same device...

...yeah, let's not go there. :biggrin:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was just going off the number of different devices, but if we're talking about the number of actual separate devices, including multiples of the same device...

...yeah, let's not go there. :biggrin:

Maybe we were separated at birth...!

I like to analyze, test, etc, and can't ever settle. That's my "excuse"... ;)

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok so total swappa listings going back about 2 years is 70... some of those were canceled and sold on craigslist, and that doesn't quite cover all of them, like the ones that never made it to swappa. Geez...

As far as separate / individual Android devices (yes, had a few ios and WP7 devices in there as well):

OG Droid, Dinc, DX, DX2, Dinc2, LG Optimus V, Motorola Triumph, Thunderbolt, HTC Sensation, Samsung Exhibit II 4G, Samsung Galaxy S Blaze, Razr, Razr Maxx, Razr M, Razr Maxx HD, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus LTE, Galaxy Nexus GSM, LG Optimus T, Galaxy Note II, Rezound, Inc 4G, HTC One S, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, I think that's it...

*has wake up call moment*

:blink:

I feel like I should clarify that rarely have I had two devices at once... 9 times out of 10 I was able to cover the cost of one by selling another, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less!

Last edited:

ambrown

Reaction score
So jntdroid, what has been your favorite handset since you've pretty much seen them all?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
So jntdroid, what has been your favorite handset since you've pretty much seen them all?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

That's a tough call. Comparing phones 2+ years ago to recent phones is kind of apples to oranges. So if I stick with phone "epochs", from the 3G only time period, I'd have to say the Inc 2 or the GSM Gnex. The OG Droid and DX were close, and nostalgic favorites (my backup device is an OG), but the Inc 2 was just all around solid - awesome battery life, exceptional camera, great form factor, solid build, "global" and unlockable to other carriers (though illegal now... :frown:). I said back then that I thought it was one of the best 3G only phones on the market, and I still think that. And the GSM Gnex is what a Nexus device is supposed to be. Instant Google support, solid connectivity and battery life, and pure unhindered Android that we'll never see on Verizon... we were with T-Mobile, fwiw.

With regard to the LTE "era", it's again a tough call because there has been such an evolution in technology and development - both in the phones themselves and the development of LTE. I would say the Maxx HD, except that the camera sucks. The camera is important to me, and some of those older phones I listed had better cameras than the Maxx HD. I would say the S3 over the Maxx HD - I never had connection issues with the S3 (though I live in a solid LTE area), and though battery life isn't as good, I get a day pretty easily. But the Note 2 is an incredible device. Is it too big for a phone? You bet... but it's not meant to be just a phone, so I give it a little leeway there. It's like a slightly souped up, smoother S3 with a nicer screen, Motorola-like reception, and Maxx HD-like battery life. I'm still not sure if I can keep it as my daily driver because I pocket my devices a LOT, and it's just huge in my pocket... but I have to put it at the top right now. If you think the Note 2 is in a different category, then I'd have to say the S3 or Maxx HD, depending on what's most important to you.

I'm also not including any WP or iOS devices - which I think are great as well. I think the iPhone 5 is an awesome device, but what pisses me off about it is that it can't do simultaneous voice / data, even on LTE, unlike ANY other VZW LTE device, and it also won't even be able to do VOLTE when that's released... which I'm convinced AT&T had a say in... *takes off tin foil hat*.

I also think WP7.5 / WP8 is a great OS, but I just don't know how much traction MS can get with it if they don't start pushing harder...

Last edited:
OP
Serpico

Serpico

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ANDRAC.co
Ok so total swappa listings going back about 2 years is 70... some of those were canceled and sold on craigslist, and that doesn't quite cover all of them, like the ones that never made it to swappa. Geez...

As far as separate / individual Android devices (yes, had a few ios and WP7 devices in there as well):

OG Droid, Dinc, DX, DX2, Dinc2, LG Optimus V, Motorola Triumph, Thunderbolt, HTC Sensation, Samsung Exhibit II 4G, Samsung Galaxy S Blaze, Razr, Razr Maxx, Razr M, Razr Maxx HD, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus LTE, Galaxy Nexus GSM, LG Optimus T, Galaxy Note II, Rezound, Inc 4G, HTC One S, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, I think that's it...

*has wake up call moment*

:blink:

I feel like I should clarify that rarely have I had two devices at once... 9 times out of 10 I was able to cover the cost of one by selling another, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less!

Mrs. Serpico: .... SEE I'M NOT SO BAD AM I?

jntdroid: .... THANK YOU!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mrs. Serpico: .... SEE I'M NOT SO BAD AM I?

jntdroid: .... THANK YOU!

lol... you know first hand how I shop the markets around here... ;)

OP
Serpico

Serpico

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ANDRAC.co
lol... you know first hand how I shop the markets around here... ;)

Ha!

FYI if jntdroid contacts you on craigslist take it from me... be prepared to negotiate. ;)

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Ha!

FYI if jntdroid contacts you on craigslist take it from me... be prepared to negotiate. ;)

I think he is the one that wants to meet me in the ghetto at 1 in the morning. Lol.

aliens don't use razr's, they use obsidian.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ha!

literally lol... I see we both have a Note 2 now - how's that goin' for ya?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think he is the one that wants to meet me in the ghetto at 1 in the morning. Lol.

aliens don't use razr's, they use obsidian.

I know not of what you speak. *whistles innocently* :blink:

OP
Serpico

Serpico

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ANDRAC.co
literally lol... I see we both have a Note 2 now - how's that goin' for ya?

Best device I've had so far, still having a tough time with the size issue (that's what she said) but the performance and dev support are fantastic. How about you? You digging the Note 2?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Best device I've had so far, still having a tough time with the size issue (that's what she said) but the performance and dev support are fantastic. How about you? You digging the Note 2?

Exact same - I ended up ditching it b/c it just wasn't practical for me sizewise - but I absolutely loved everything else about it... incredible device.