How long will you keep your MAXX?

cece5702

Reaction score
With new technology constantly on the horizon, how long will you hold on to your RAZR MAXX? Will you upgrade when your time comes and the next latest & greatest is available? Or will you be content and continue using this powerhouse for some time?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

DocsDad

Reaction score
"Only the Shadow knows."

Prolly upgrade when the time comes, but not before. I had my OG for almost two years and I can't see parting with the MAXX any sooner.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
"Only the Shadow knows."

Prolly upgrade when the time comes, but not before. I had my OG for almost two years and I can't see parting with the MAXX any sooner.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

I've always upgraded when the time comes but with the Maxx? Hmmm... Not so sure. I checked my upgrade date and it's next October. Seems too soon to me but who knows. I still have my OG and X in good working condition. Maybe I should sell them, Lol because I'm definitely not going back after using the Maxx.

MrTommy

Reaction score
I still have my OG and X in good working condition. I'm definitely not going back after using the Maxx.

Picking up our Maxx's in about an hour (I'll have to change my "Phone" designation in my profile - ha). We're keeping our old Moto Droid I's just to see how much stuff we can STILL do, using WiFi. We may use them like iPads (or whatever those music things are called...). I'm so attached to that old 'thing' I just can't see tossing it under the bus like an empty beer can. :frown:

We generally keep stuff for eons around here. Our cars hang around for 10+ years (15 in one case!). But, cars don't age the same as handheld computers. I guess when our 'upgrades' come due we'll have to revisit. By then we'll probably be 10-15 upgrades behind. :p

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Congratulations Tommy on your new Maxx!

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
So far I haven't seen any new device coming out to have a bigger battery than the maxx. I think once the maxx gets ICS, we should be good for a while. The maxx is still fast and has great performance

droidaholic1215

Reaction score
I've had my MAXX for about a month now (got it on the first day Verizon made it available online) and so far, it's the perfect smartphone. My battery life ALWAYS gets me through the day with from 20 to 50% juice left at bedtime. The display is gorgeous, the size is perfect, the operation is flawless....the only thing was the data on my news widget stopped updating after a day or so but that was a GOOD thing, because it drove me to install the gReader and then the gReader Pro for just 5 dollars....it operates perfectly with very timely updates. My day/time/date data and weather data has operated flawlessly....I just can't think of anthing better than a MAXX. I know I'll keep it until Oct. of 2013, my next upgrade date...and perhaps beyond. It all depends on what's "out there" by then. In the meantime, if you're thinking of getting a MAXX...DO IT...the battery life is no longer a negative and everything else is perfect. When the ICS upgrade comes (I'm hearing in Q3 of this year) it will attain perfection (I hope...hope ICS is "all that".....this Gingerbread is just fine for now).

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
So far I haven't seen any new device coming out to have a bigger battery than the maxx. I think once the maxx gets ICS, we should be good for a while. The maxx is still fast and has great performance

Yeah I agree. I'm waiting to see the performance once ICS come on board. Beastly! I hope.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I've had my MAXX for about a month now (got it on the first day Verizon made it available online) and so far, it's the perfect smartphone. My battery life ALWAYS gets me through the day with from 20 to 50% juice left at bedtime. The display is gorgeous, the size is perfect, the operation is flawless....the only thing was the data on my news widget stopped updating after a day or so but that was a GOOD thing, because it drove me to install the gReader and then the gReader Pro for just 5 dollars....it operates perfectly with very timely updates. My day/time/date data and weather data has operated flawlessly....I just can't think of anthing better than a MAXX. I know I'll keep it until Oct. of 2013, my next upgrade date...and perhaps beyond. It all depends on what's "out there" by then. In the meantime, if you're thinking of getting a MAXX...DO IT...the battery life is no longer a negative and everything else is perfect. When the ICS upgrade comes (I'm hearing in Q3 of this year) it will attain perfection (I hope...hope ICS is "all that".....this Gingerbread is just fine for now).

My upgrade date is also next October. I too hope ICS is all that more.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Having 4 lines to use upgrades from it is hard to tell. But ATM I am pretty happy with my Maxx. After all I used my Droid X from the day it launched up until last October. It is gonna have to be something really groundbreaking for me to use an upgrade any earlier than a year from now.

Tap'd to the Maxx

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Well, since I used my last upgrade on the Maxx, I'll have it until at least the end of 2013. Verizon's supposed to release some new system by then.

Androidict

Reaction score
It all depends on how long I have to wait for a stable ICS rom. I will probably get a new phone when Android 5.0 comes out.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

monkey_man

Reaction score
This phone is a beast! I hold on to my OG Droid till Bionic came out.... Too much of it to my own disappointment. Based on study, it is better to upgrade the phone when it is available to use. So by 2013, I will have to upgrade my phone and hopefully there'll be phone with quad core :D who knows right! DancingNexus

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
This phone is a beast! I hold on to my OG Droid till Bionic came out.... Too much of it to my own disappointment. Based on study, it is better to upgrade the phone when it is available to use. So by 2013, I will have to upgrade my phone and hopefully there'll be phone with quad core :D who knows right! DancingNexus

Why is it best to upgrade your phone when it's time?

monkey_man

Reaction score
Why is it best to upgrade your phone when it's time?

Let's say yearly people pay Verizon $2000, so we have to double that for a locked 2 years contract right? I'm with Verizon Wireless Company for years, so I pay them that amount yearly as I don't just quit on them after the end of 2nd year of my contract. Verizon had this NE2 program too back in the day that now they decided to waive since they've got flocks of new customers with Iphone addition to the lineups :mad:. With that $50 discounts and the extra discount of paying just $299 instead of the full retail price of $649, I'll save a bundle no? I will have a new faster phone and just pay $3600 ($4000-($649-$249)) instead of just paying them $4000 with outdated phone. Once you upgrade your phone, you can then sell your "outdated" working phone @ bidding sites for extra bucks :D! At the end of the day, all things always depend on benefits of your contract and whether or not you happy with their Cellphone/data services.

Last edited: