How long will you keep your DROID

Joker

Reaction score
Love the phone, but like all my previous phones will be changed when I am due for my upgrade.

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
I have 14 months till I can upgrade. But this time I think I can live with it. At least I'm not stuck using WinMo :)

warrior21

Reaction score
I love the droid and since I have 14 months until I can upgrade unless something comes out that blows me away, I will wait until then

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really think there should have been an "Until I'm eligible for an upgrade" area. I can't vote with the current selections.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I generally keep cellphones about 5 years and then get the best phone available at the time. None of the poll options fit for me.

Big Cam

Reaction score
You need an option to get rid of it as soon as my two year contract allows me to upgrade.

Darkseider

Reaction score
I voted one year because there wasn't an option in the middle. As of right now the Droid is more than I could have asked for in a device. Granted come June 2011 we're going to see the dual core Cortex A-9 SoCs in phones. This is when I will probably upgrade.

R

Romple

I won't even think of a new phone until something truly next gen comes out. Like a Droid w/ an OMAP4 in it. Dual core A9. Enough awesomeness to toast a bagel. Nomnomnom.

OyVOid

Reaction score
I just renewed my contact in November so either when my contract is up or until another phone blows the Droid out of the water so to speak. For right now I am in a love affair with my Droid to the point that my boyfriend calls it cheating. Really? I didn't think of that way.

jimnutt

Reaction score
I'm basically waiting for LTE before I upgrade again. I suspect any smart phone I can buy at that time is going to blow the Droid's performance away.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
As soon as the Moto Droid 2 comes out : )

I have an upgrade available now on my second line so I'm sitting pretty.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Hey Cereal, I got a awesome Storm 1, that comes with a limited edtion torx screen fix. Just trade me that upgrade your sitting on and its all yours, no questions asked :happy:.
sent you a pm....it's a deal. Storm 1 AND Torx fix. Too good to pass up.

oatmealboy

Reaction score
Hanging on to my Droid until I am eligible to upgrade. If that happens, it will be the first time ever that I held on to a phone for the duration of the contract. (Verizon Wireless subscriber since 2002).

huskur

Reaction score
until another phone really WOW's me. I love this phone and will probably keep it till past my upgrade date. Nothing out right now has really tickled my fancy.

Same. With the droid, I was obsessed with it when I first found out about it and kept tracking it until it was finally released. Until another phone comes around that makes me want it that bad, I'm sticking with this beast.

my sentiments exactly!!!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
until another phone really WOW's me. I love this phone and will probably keep it till past my upgrade date. Nothing out right now has really tickled my fancy.

Same. With the droid, I was obsessed with it when I first found out about it and kept tracking it until it was finally released. Until another phone comes around that makes me want it that bad, I'm sticking with this beast.

my sentiments exactly!!!

you may not have long to wait then....

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/41474-moto-droid-2-aka-shadow.html

etx_droid

Reaction score
I'll be hanging on to mine for the long haul. If I can stick with AT&T for over 10 years and WinMo for half of that I think I can live with the awesomeness that is the Daddy Droid :)