How long till an ICS ROM is released?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I see a ton of new ROM's for the Rezound, but most of them are pretty much just tweaked version of what we already had. With temp root, it was easy to disable all the bloat and even remove Sense.

So now that the phone is unlocked and you can perm root it, there are all these ROM's, but I have not see one yet that I would consider with the effort and risk to flash. I am already perm rooted, have all the bloat removed, Sense is gone, wifi tether and everything works, etc...

I am really holding out for an ICS based ROM and kernel, and I know that the SDK for ICS was released a month or two ago. So, how far along is that? Will anybody be putting out an ICS ROM and Kernel, or do we have to just have mildly tweaked GB ROM's until VZW pushes out the ICS OTA sometime this spring?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably won't see an ICS based ROM till we S-Off.

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score

Damn, I was afraid of that. I just don't see any really worthwhile ROMs out there at the moment. They are all just mild variations of what we already have, and when you read the threads and see that this doesn't work, or that is broken, or this FC's, I really just don't have a desire to mess with any of them, you know?

ICS would get me off the fence.

bigdad63

Reaction score
Xda developers has many more roms listed (although no ics yet). I've always hated how heavy sense is and the inability to resize widgets is a serious deal breaker for me, so I'm running the DE-sensed scottsrom and loving hoe smooth and fast it is without Sense and all of the bloat.He also made tweaks to save battery life and I've been using my phone in 4g mode for about 7 hours now and the phone has much more charge less than normal.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

Yep. That is my understanding. Didn't get that at first, so now the million dollar question is if and when Rezound sees S-Off. For whatever reason, HTC apparently cranked up the security on S-Off with the Rezound. Why I don't know (probably VZW, ultimately), but that has to handicap the probability of getting S-Off.

The Rezound will get ICS relatively soon. Being able to remove sense and bloat will probably be enough for me, even if we never get S-Off or another Android update. But I haven't traded, yet.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
The problem is that ICS builds need a phone specific binary now. That's why you don't see ICS ROMs for everything. If we made it into a generic build like CM9, then that's a different story. But to build ICS from AOSP and have the proper hardware drivers, HTC would need to release the binary for the Rezound. So while I hope for that I think CM9 will beat them to market.

esheesle

Reaction score
I'd be absolutely fine with CM9 on the Rezound. Pretty sure it would be awesome in fact. Wonder if CM9 or HTC releasing ICS to us will come first.

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
The problem is that ICS builds need a phone specific binary now. That's why you don't see ICS ROMs for everything. If we made it into a generic build like CM9, then that's a different story. But to build ICS from AOSP and have the proper hardware drivers, HTC would need to release the binary for the Rezound. So while I hope for that I think CM9 will beat them to market.

I would be fine with that, as CM7 was amazing.

GoBears

Reaction score
I'm running senseless1.1 from scottsroms with golauncher on top and ics theme. Nice combo to try if you're bored.

Edit: Also using golocker with the ICS theme for that too.

Edit: ICS Keyboard too! All of this is free stuff.

BlairAllenVT

Reaction score
I'm running senseless1.1 from scottsroms with golauncher on top and ics theme. Nice combo to try if you're bored.

GoLauncher.......GoLocker.......GoBears. I think I notice a pattern! ;)

bigdad63

Reaction score

Which ics theme are you using?