How Long should it take

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by styx, Jul 11, 2010.

1. styx

styx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I renamed the file "update" wiped data and cache twice. It appears to be stuck at what used to be the "red eye" for about 20 minutes now. Suggestions? tia

2. styx

styx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nevermind, I did another rewipe and it loaded in less than 5 minutes. Weird but it's running fine so far.

3. B3y0ndD34th

B3y0ndD34th Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Typically the first boot does take a little longer than any other but there's no reason your screen should be stuck for more than 5, if you're still waiting on a rom to load after 5 min you should probably try a reboot and if it occurs again a wipe and re-install, glad to see you got it squared away, good luck in the future, ohh and Welcome to Bugless Beast :D!

***EDIT*** Also as a good rule of thumb if you are coming from lets say for instance android 1.5 to 2.2 you should always wipe the Data (after backing it up of course) if you are merely upgrading a rom lets says 2.1 to 2.2 or 2.2 to a later froyo build like FRF84B wiping the Data is not necessary. Sometimes leaving the data intact while moving from an older version of a rom to a newer version can lead to some boot stalls and even loops, typically It's not a problem but I have run into it from time to time. If I can't get the rom to work by installing a backup and re-installing the new version a few times, I just wipe the Data. Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
Search tags for this page
how long do it take for phone to start up when install a rom
how long does it take foxhound rom to load
how long does it take g tablet to reboot

how long should a custom rom take to load

how long should installing omega rom take
how long should it take to install a rom on my tablet?
once i install a rom on nexus 4 how long does it take to loa