how long have you had the same cell phone #

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I've had mine for 6 years. As soon as Google Voice can handle MMS I'm making that my permanent number for ever and ever tho.

techguru

Reaction score
Fifteen years for me. Back when Verizon was called Bell Atlantic Mobile.

neilrl79

Reaction score
I've had my # since early 2000. I did a 7 year tour of duty with Sprint before transfering the # to VZW.

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
16 years for me:) and i'll never change it. first Cell phone @ 18..All you "Math Wiz" do the age math..LOL

Last edited:

csimo

Reaction score
I got my number in 1987 when my employer paid $3995 to have a cell phone installed in my car (the main part was in the trunk). It was thru Cybertel Cellular. Cybertel became Ameritech, then Ameritech was bought out by Verizon. I still have the same number so around 24 years for me.

Beka27

Reaction score
We didn't have cell phones for a long time because we didn't need them and wanted to save the money. Finally got Verizon 2 years ago last month. I really, really like my phone number, it's kinda cool, so I'm wanting to hold on to it as long as possible.

867-5309?

;)
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Wait a minute! How do you know my phone number?!

(from Beka's DX)

csimo

Reaction score
We didn't have cell phones for a long time because we didn't need them and wanted to save the money. Finally got Verizon 2 years ago last month. I really, really like my phone number, it's kinda cool, so I'm wanting to hold on to it as long as possible.

867-5309?

;)
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Wait a minute! How do you know my phone number?!

(from Beka's DX)

For many years after that song came out they wouldn't issue that number. The real name of the song is Jenny, but people still call it 8675309.

Older than that was a song Pennsylvania 6-5000. Back in the days when exchanges were names.

jbrock98

Reaction score
When I was 16 got my first cell phone thru cingular now I'm 23 & with verizon & got the same number

Sent from my Droid

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I got my number when I was 17 from verizon and I left had everyone else and went back. Im now 26 almost 27.

tapping and talking on the go.

tnronin

Reaction score
16 yrs here.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App