How long have you been using miui?

deathsbane

Reaction score
So I have 2 d1's. My first ones power button wore out so I bought a new one. Today I decided to charge it up and check it out. Its running Zenito v1.1. I thought wow! I've been using miui for a long time now. Every week I flash the upgrade.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

g_what

Reaction score
I've been using since the 1.22 update. Haven't turned back. Only slightly considered switching to CM7 when it first came out, but then MIUI released their version of Gingerbread and there was no reason to leave. MIUI ftw.

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
1.3 for me. Of course I have a different rom every week. I seem to constantly loose memory lately with the gb builds (on all gb roms). The awesome lockscreens brought me back this week.

Anathema

Reaction score
I've at least tried every version since team d1-Miui started here. Though to be honest, I don't use this version.

Does anyone know what's preventing MIUI from loading market apps? I never looked into it to see if it's just a permanent MIUI thing or if it's fixable in the future from MIUI.cn. It's really the only thing I can't stand about MIUI.

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I've at least tried every version since team d1-Miui started here. Though to be honest, I don't use this version.

Does anyone know what's preventing MIUI from loading market apps? I never looked into it to see if it's just a permanent MIUI thing or if it's fixable in the future from MIUI.cn. It's really the only thing I can't stand about MIUI.

What do you mean, loading market apps? AFAIK, everything in the market seems to work fine on this build.

DROOIID

Reaction score

Are you talking about your downloaded apps not showing up in the market under "my apps "... if so go into manage apps and delete data and cache for the market app.

cowsquad

Reaction score
No guys,I think he is talking about miui won't be able to restore apps automatically after a fresh install

Anathema

Reaction score
No guys,I think he is talking about miui won't be able to restore apps automatically after a fresh install

This.

I don't like having to restore apps all the time, it makes it less enticing to try a new rom, that and the lack of integration with other roms. I understand it's a completely different rom with a different framework, but it get's old using Titanium backup on other roms or my apps just loading automatically like my phone is meant to do only to have a new Miui release come out where I have to use their backup system.

But the lockscreen and battery indicator alone have kept me on this rom, that is how superficial I am, haha. Just waiting for that phone upgrade in December. Whoever designs the color scheme and rotary/slider lockscreens should be fired from google IMO.

Does anybody use MIUI's cloud space to backup?

But quickly back to the apps now restoring automatically...Every time you download an app it should be stored on googles server - registered to your email/account, so when it restores them it's matching apps with your account. I don't see why MIUI won't do this anymore, it used to.

Last edited:

critz

Reaction score
I think since October of last year. Only skipped 2 updates. Love this rom and appreciate the work of the porter and developers.

OP
D

deathsbane

Reaction score
I have been using miui since it was first posted in these forums. I haven't even skipped an update. I always try every rom when they are released or updated but I always come back to miui.