How long does it take your DX to boot?

nakhleh926

Reaction score
Talking about from as soon as the screen comes on till you feel the vibrate, mine seems a lot slower than usual and it's scaring me, but I can't tell if it's in my head or just a setting I'm missing. Takes 20 seconds, give or take one or two, seems like 10 for the logo followed by 10 for the animation.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
About 50 seconds. 90 seconds until fully usable without sluggishness.

Last edited:

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
Yes, running Rubix. Non-Root stock it took 30 seconds to boot, and at least 45 seconds to be able to use it without sluggishness. I've never been able to boot in 20 seconds

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
Yes, running Rubix. Non-Root stock it took 30 seconds to boot, and at least 45 seconds to be able to use it without sluggishness. I've never been able to boot in 20 seconds

I guess I shouldn't be complaining :/ :p. I really do notice a difference though, meh I guess if it dies I'm paying for insurance anyway. Thanks for actually replying instead of reading and moving on!

timrock

Reaction score
about 1 minute. rooted

better than my blackberry tour which took about 15 minutes to boot.

Ubermicro13

Reaction score
Roughly 20 seconds. But on a ROM that I built myself it takes about 50 due to several scripts running on boot.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
Roughly 20 seconds. But on a ROM that I built myself it takes about 50 due to several scripts running on boot.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I love your name, and is there a way to see which scripts are running at boot? I have autostarts but it shows applications and not scripts.

about 1 minute. rooted

better than my blackberry tour which took about 15 minutes to boot.

ugh I remember my lg enV used to take like 15 minutes too lol.

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
now it's taking 28, 20 for the boot logo alone...should it be getting slower when nothing has changed?

edited for grammatical errors.

kevinkar

Reaction score
My Droid takes a couple minutes to fully be responsive and the M logo seems to take differing amounts of time to get past. However, it doesn't take longer and longer as time goes by. It's more random between 10-20 seconds or so. After that, it takes about 1.5 - 2 minutes to be fully up and running.

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
My Droid takes a couple minutes to fully be responsive and the M logo seems to take differing amounts of time to get past. However, it doesn't take longer and longer as time goes by. It's more random between 10-20 seconds or so. After that, it takes about 1.5 - 2 minutes to be fully up and running.

mine just took even longer to start, I might have to unroot and prepare for insurance before something happens.