How long does it take for an app to be refunded?

jets91090

Reaction score
I bought a game but I refunded it because It's not what I thought it was. It's been over a day and I still didn't get the credit back for it, does it take awhile? Also how do you check the old conversations you get that was sent to your gmail account?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
If gotten through your credit card, check with them. It should be right away. When you got rid of it, did it say "Uninstall and Refund" or just "Uninstall?"

omnibus

Reaction score
It should'nt even be charged to your account for 24 hours. If you unistall within that time period it never is charged.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check you Google Account (Shopping) it should tell you the pending action(s) if any (i.e. refund being processed ect.). If it shows as refunded than it's a delay on/from your CC company (which is normal).

OP
J

jets91090

Reaction score
It says canceled, your credit card won't be charged but I never got the credit back for it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It says canceled, your credit card won't be charged but I never got the credit back for it.

So on your statement you see a charge or do you just see pending? Because if it's just pending then you haven't been charged for it yet and probably won't be.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
It usually takes a couple of days for the funds to be released. It is similar to a gas purchase. The funds are just being held and are in a pending state. If after a week they are still there then I would become more concerned.

OP
J

jets91090

Reaction score

So on your statement you see a charge or do you just see pending? Because if it's just pending then you haven't been charged for it yet and probably won't be.

Next to the price, it says canceled. When I click on it, just says you're has been canceled. Doesn't say pending.

M

Matth3w

It should'nt even be charged to your account for 24 hours. If you unistall within that time period it never is charged.
Wrong. Most credit card companies will immediately put a hold on your account/credit card. Most likely it was charged but still pending. It will stay that way for a couple of days.

OP
J

jets91090

Reaction score
4 days and it still canceled and I didn't get the credit back...

nerdbox08

Reaction score
If the four days include the weekend it might be hung up because they are non-business days... but I would call my bank.

If the app says canceled but the bank hasn't refunded I would say it's bank related, but that's really just a guess.

solorca

Reaction score
It's most likely not Google, but your card company. It happens some with credit cards, but especially with debit cards. Google will check to make sure the available funds are there before you can download. When doing this, your company will put the charge on your account as pending. It will stay there until Google actually processes the order, but in this case the order is never fully processed, so it will automatically fall off of your pending transactions in a few days.

OP
J

jets91090

Reaction score
So i called my credit card company and they said that they have nothing to do with it and they don't see anything pending... Verizon will say the same thing.