How Long Did You Wait For Your Extended Battery ??

SOLO1

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I ordered the Motorola Droid X Extended Battery 3 weeks ago online at verizonwireless.com. I called them up today and they still cannot tell me a time table on when it will be back in stock. I know its a hot commodity but I cannot get ANY info on when they think its going to be back in stock..

How long did you guys wait IF you waited for the extended battery ???

Thank you

OP
S

SOLO1

Reaction score
Hi Slothead,

No, they did not charge my card. The reason why I am not looking elsewhere is I entered a promo code way back and locked in a good price... though I am beginning to think if its worth continuing to wait since it passed the 3 week mark. I really need the extra power since I use it alot for work and to have Verizon tell me after 3 weeks of waiting, "Its still out of stock, no timetable at all on due date, you have to wait." gets a little tiresome

jloya

Reaction score
its avail now on the website...

now do you mind sharing that promo code ;)

Slothead

Reaction score
Hi Slothead,

No, they did not charge my card. The reason why I am not looking elsewhere is I entered a promo code way back and locked in a good price... though I am beginning to think if its worth continuing to wait since it passed the 3 week mark. I really need the extra power since I use it alot for work and to have Verizon tell me after 3 weeks of waiting, "Its still out of stock, no timetable at all on due date, you have to wait." gets a little tiresome
That sounds reasonable. Is that promo code still in effect? I'll order one too as long as they are not going to charge me until it ships. I remember the "free" battery covers for the Droid 1. I ordered 3 and never did get them!

bitter

Reaction score
I just ordered one with the free overnight promo code. It doesn't say anything about sold out or preorder. In fact, I just checked this on Saturday and Sunday of this past weekend and the extended battery wasn't even there. I imagine they have them in stock now.

bitter

Reaction score
Maybe I lied, this was in my confirmation email just now:

Your order has been received. Pre-orders will ship when the item becomes available. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Customer signature is required at the time of delivery. You cannot change your shipping address after you submit the order. We will contact you if we need additional information to complete your order or if the item is out of stock or no longer available. If you have any questions, contact us at [email protected] . Be sure to include your order reference number.

OP
S

SOLO1

Reaction score
Hi Slothead,

Sorry that promo code is not valid anymore because my sister tried to use it and it said expired.. That was 3 weeks ago.....

Hi Slothead,

That sounds reasonable. Is that promo code still in effect? I'll order one too as long as they are not going to charge me until it ships. I remember the "free" battery covers for the Droid 1. I ordered 3 and never did get them!

OP
S

SOLO1

Reaction score
I dont think its a good way to tell customers "We have no timetable, you have to wait" I dont understand over 3 weeks of waiting the only explanation I got was the statement that I just wrote..

garath

Reaction score
Funny. I just went through this yesterday. I ordered on 8/18 with the 30% off promo and got a message the next day saying the battery was on backorder and it would be processed when it became available. I noticed yesterday that the battery was back on the website so I called up. The gal said internally they had a few available so she'd push my order back into processing. 10 minutes later I got an order canceled notice saying the item was no longer available. I called back and was on hold for a bit before having them say they would have to call me back after talking to the processing manager. I did get a call back from the processing manager who resubmitted my order with the 30% off for me and the battery shipped out yesterday. It's on my doorstep today.

They did tell me that it's a hot item and they can't keep it in stock. They told me they ended up placing the order directly against a warehouse that had it in stock or something. Whatever they did, it's still tough to get. I'd check back a few times. At the very least you are locked in at the promo price.

OP
S

SOLO1

Reaction score
I am glad you got yours. This is not right. I ordered around the same time as you did. Do they pick and choose who they want to ship first ? Its ridiculous.

Funny. I just went through this yesterday. I ordered on 8/18 with the 30% off promo and got a message the next day saying the battery was on backorder and it would be processed when it became available. I noticed yesterday that the battery was back on the website so I called up. The gal said internally they had a few available so she'd push my order back into processing. 10 minutes later I got an order canceled notice saying the item was no longer available. I called back and was on hold for a bit before having them say they would have to call me back after talking to the processing manager. I did get a call back from the processing manager who resubmitted my order with the 30% off for me and the battery shipped out yesterday. It's on my doorstep today.

They did tell me that it's a hot item and they can't keep it in stock. They told me they ended up placing the order directly against a warehouse that had it in stock or something. Whatever they did, it's still tough to get. I'd check back a few times. At the very least you are locked in at the promo price.

OP
S

SOLO1

Reaction score
Hi Garath,

Thanks for this info ! Because of this I called them up 2 days ago and read to them what you wrote and I received my extended battery yesterday!!!dancedroiddancedroid

dangerous

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I ordered the Motorola Droid X Extended Battery 3 weeks ago online at verizonwireless.com. I called them up today and they still cannot tell me a time table on when it will be back in stock. I know its a hot commodity but I cannot get ANY info on when they think its going to be back in stock..

How long did you guys wait IF you waited for the extended battery ???

Thank you

I walked in yesterday and bought mine. (was $30 with tax)

reddem0n

Reaction score
I ordered mine on the 18th of August and still haven't received mine. I did however check the order status just now and it said it is still being processed and to check back tomorrow. Is that the same generic message they tell everyone when it is on back order?