How locked down is be x2?

Reaction score
Moto seems to be trying to put on the 'turning a new leaf' persona... was wondering if they've stepped up yet... easy modding would be the ONLY way I would even consider this phone, the Gfx were the only thing it did better than the single core revolution which was impressively fast and even got a higher quadrant score... any experience/thoughts?

You have just been post pwned

Zetsumei

Reaction score
Would be nice to have an unlocked bootloader I agree with that 100%. Moto ninja blur does drag the phone down a bit, but this phone is still pretty blazing and can eat full flash webpages and pretty much every game I've thrown at it with no issue. But yeah custom kernels and AOSP roms on this beast would be sweet. Most programs and software currently out isn't optimized for dual core, but that soon will change. Honestly I don't see why people even bother to base a phones performance sheerly on quadrant, if that were the case the Droid Charge would be complete garbage and according to the score, we should be amazed that it even runs anything at all. Yet when I had the charge it was fairly smooth, but still dragged due to the outdated single core processor they had in there.

Best thing is to try the phone out, use it for what you use normally and see how well it does. But if you insist on benches basing your decision, then try antutu system bench and smart bench 2011. Those 2 applications are more reliable than quadrant imo, since it is easy to increase/falsify Quadrant scores, that and I feel that Quadrant isn't a reliable bench. Once we start seeing optimizations for dual core, ie Gingerbread and multithreaded applications the difference between single core and dual core will be day and night for more intesive apps. But for everyday normal usage, probably not much of a difference :3 pznerd.

OP
elvis_marmaduke
Reaction score
Yeah, the revolution was impressive for a single core phone, IMO it felt like the fastest phone i tried, period. The dual core x2 got amazing FPS on the gfx tests on quadrant though... like almost double most other phones... I'm not big on physical buttons and have no clue why ALL of the phones coming out seem to have them... kind of a dumb move by samsung IMO, DX2 is understandable, only cuz it's a clone of the first one lol

Has anyone really tried unlocking it or anything? Or should I swing on over to XDA to see if anything's been tried yet :eek:

Zetsumei

Reaction score
Im sure the revolution is fast for everyday usage, not sure about gaming. But if I wanted a mobile gaming device I'd nab that new psp coming out. I'm not sure how LG's software is, but looks like another variant of touch wiz which is crap, but then again blur isn't a champ either. I doubt the bootloader for moto phones will be unlocked, but who knows one can hope. Imo antutu and smart bench if you are looking @ benches to gauge performance is a more solid bet than quadrant. Everyone knows that quad scores can easily be buffered w/ uber_quadrant script.

OP
elvis_marmaduke
Reaction score
Yeah, it was WAY too similar to touchwiz for my taste :eek: It's also hard to tell anything with the verizon store phones lol, that's my main reason I was impressed, because most of those phones run like garbage :eek: