How it the latest SS?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by natezire71, Sep 13, 2011.

1. natezire71

natezire71 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Hey guys,

I've been with Project Elite since the start. Actngrezy throws out some solid ROMs--which I love. His Froyo build PE v4.2 was superb. However, I've been running his latest version, (PE v6.5), and it's been rough. On a fresh start, (just rebooted, gave the system a few minutes to pull itself together), it's blazing; but, within thirty minutes to an hour or so, the entire system is bogged down. I've switched kernels, I've run the "SuperCharger.sh" script, (I'm not running Compcache); I've come to the conclusion that it's the amount of RAM on the phone. However, it's partially the ROM. So, I ask this question: How is SimplyStunning after a while? Is it snappy? Slow? I want to make the switch, but would like some solid feedback before taking the plunge.

Thanks,

Nate
  2. EFGantry

EFGantry Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Chevy's is running very nice. i had similar issues with PE, and consuming much of my internal storage. SS doesn't do that - anywhere from 60-70 mb of free memory. the only downside is that Chevy's rom consumes over 90% of the system partition. but, you can work around that.
  3. Lordbutt

Lordbutt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    SSX 2.1 for the Droid X appears to be stable as, or more so, than the official "ROM." I have been using it since day 1 and am pleased. I think you will find it suburb.
  4. natezire71

natezire71 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    90%? Meaning what? I'm not good with these technical terms--and it's odd, because I should be. Are you saying that Chevy's ROM takes about 90% of the internal storage on the Droid?
  5. Lordbutt

Lordbutt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No. Total internal storage on the X is 6.60 GB. My free available space is 6.17 GB with SSX 2.1 installed. I have 177 MB of free memory from the total of 477.
  6. natezire71

natezire71 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    We're talking about the Original Droid.
  7. Lordbutt

Lordbutt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oops, sorry about that. I just plugged in my original Droid which also has SS. Will let you know as soon as it powers up.
  8. Lordbutt

Lordbutt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    O.K., on the original droid, total space internal storage is 262 MB. Available space with SS installed is 129 MB. Memory total is 226 with 60 MB free and a lot of apps running.
  9. 666ogre666

666ogre666 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Just delete unused apps from the /system folder with either his built in scripts or another app that does it like root explorer. I've got 27 megs free

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  10. googlelover

googlelover Member

Ratings:
    +1
    SS 5.5 has been the best rom I've ran in a long while, combined with the supercharger script, a swap partition, O/C to 1ghz and a few more things it runs smooth as butter as long as I reboot at least once from the previous day. My average battery life with usually light-medium (Few short calls, few texts, check webpages etc) is about 10-18 hours.
    The system memory he was talking about is the partition of memory reserved just for the OS and system applications, its not your internal storage for apps etc. and I have plenty of apps, (the batch backup of titanium for user apps is at 82) and I still got 57 MBs free. RAM also hasn't been a problem because of what I said up there, supercharger and a swap parition. Love this ROM and I would recommend you use it.
  11. bullswife98

bullswife98 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    +1 here as well, I have been running chevy's roms since day 1 and I've tried others but come back to this as my daily,I have38 apps dwnlded,72 system apps(110 apps in all) and I have as of right now I have 136 mb of ram used, 34mb free ram,169mb of memory. I use supercharge and turbo charge scripts unplugged since 4am and moderate use with tweeked auto brightness screen and holding at 60% battery life (14 hours so far) and won't plugg in till abt 11pm tonite. Love his roms they run awsome on my droid and I won't really use anyone elses.

ROOTED: OG.DROID1/Supercharged and Turbo Charged
    ROM: SIMPLY STUNNING v5.5
    KERNEL: CHEVYNO1 Med/VG1.1
    THEME: B-BOY TRANSPARENT BLIZZARD
  12. natezire71

natezire71 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Lemme tell you, this ROM has been a pleasure. It's lightyears better than PE. Nothing wrong with PE, it just didn't sit well with my OG.

Now I can hold out until November for the Prime. ;D
  13. Claps1775

Claps1775 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So, does anyone know what the Alogcat apk is? It gives me a blank screen. I would like to free up some space from bloatware apps on here. Love the rom but does have apks that should be taken off like other roms have done.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  14. googlelover

googlelover Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Its not bloatware its an app included by chevy thats supposed to help him fix bugs in his build if you have them, but he includes a script in Settings>chevy tools> scripts to remove preinstalled apps
  15. baldybill

baldybill Member

Ratings:
    +2
    How are you all having so much free RAM?

I have about 60 apps, most on SD card, and if I install 1-2 more it says insufficient space. I have maybe 30MB free

Any thoughts on how I can reconfigure?
Search tags for this page

stock rom 477mb /system