How is your RAZR M battery?

jkj860

Reaction score
View attachment 60854

I have been happy with mine. I'm not a "power user" by any means though. I have had my "m" for about 4 months now. It's my first smartphone and I have been pleased with it.

MotoDroid

Reaction score
Love my M. The battery is the best of any phone I've ever had! Easily lasts all day and night!:D

RudyN

Reaction score
The battery on my RazrM is great. What a difference from the DroidX.

Sent From The Telegraph Office

pdaniel219

Reaction score
I agree. The battery is awesome. I find that having the low battery smart action on drained the last 20% of my battery quicker than not having it on. Its rare I get that low, but its what I've noticed. I disabled smart actions. Just thought I'd share.

war88

Reaction score
I love the battery life too. On my old Droid X I used to log running/walking workouts and the GPS tracking ate up the battery even if I had the screen off. With the M it doesn't use hardly any battery at all as long as the screen is off. The one thing that consumes battery like no other (and this is true with every phone I'm sure) is the screen being on. I just try to keep the screen off as much as possible and battery life is excellent for me.

Groundhogday

Reaction score
Mine all of the sudden is terrible, and I don't know why. What are the optimum settings for good battery life. Today for example, my use has been fairly light, about 3 short phone calls, light web use, and the battery is at 33% after starting the day at 100%

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
I used mine in Mexico for a week( in Airplane mode ) as mostly a camera and some WiFi use to post pictures to Facebook and catch up on some games I was playing. When I'd plug it in at night when I went to bed it would have 60% battery left!! And I used it a good bit. Man, that data signal uses some juice as mine is usually dead at about 7-8 pm.

kansasboy91

Reaction score
I've had mine going 20hours with 30% left but I don't know how far I can really push it yet, It's still new to me...

bonzomatic

Reaction score
Mine all of the sudden is terrible, and I don't know why. What are the optimum settings for good battery life. Today for example, my use has been fairly light, about 3 short phone calls, light web use, and the battery is at 33% after starting the day at 100%

I had a similar experience. When I first got my phone it would have 30-40% battery life still left at the end of the day, but all of the sudden I was down to 15-20% by the time I got home. I determined it was a result of some changes that I had made in settings.

• I had set the screen timeout to 10 minutes one day because it was getting annoying to keep unlocking it during a lengthy text conversation and forgot to change it back.
  • I turned off the automatic screen brightness (I later realized that this is really unnecessary because the phone does a really good job of adjusting it)
  • I was using new smart actions. Those things really drain the battery! I think the GPS is constantly checking your location. (I honestly believe this is the main culprit of the battery drainage)
I un-did those items and I noticed a huge improvement in my battery life.

pdaniel219

Reaction score
Same here. I disabled smart actions. I like messing with my phone anyway so I didn't need automatic stuff. The battery difference is definitely noticeable with them off.

gsstella1

Reaction score
not sure yet

seems to last longer from 40 to 10 percent then from 100 to 40. anyway better than my X