How is your bluetooth range?

tc1

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's the phone or headset(lg tones).

Before I had a DROID razr (not maxx) and a Sony Ericsson bt stereo headset and I could literally move 5 times further away then my current setup.

acejavelin

Reaction score
What kind of range are you getting?

BlueTooth range varies a lot by manufacturer of the headset, and there are other factors that can influence range... I have a 4-5 year old Plantronics Voyager 510 that I use with my Rezound, usable range is about 25-30 feet from the Rezound, which was about the same with my LG enV Touch, Samsung Stratosphere, and HTC Incredible 2 with the same exact headset.

I could be way off on this, but if memory serves me correctly, there is a high and low power implementation of BT for audio (headset) devices, the range is a huge jump between the two.

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

BlueTooth range varies a lot by manufacturer of the headset, and there are other factors that can influence range... I have a 4-5 year old Plantronics Voyager 510 that I use with my Rezound, usable range is about 25-30 feet from the Rezound, which was about the same with my LG enV Touch, Samsung Stratosphere, and HTC Incredible 2 with the same exact headset.

I could be way off on this, but if memory serves me correctly, there is a high and low power implementation of BT for audio (headset) devices, the range is a huge jump between the two.

Yes but even the range of a2dp is device dependent. My old Jabra 620 and 3030 can be , easily, up to 100' away but my Jawbone Icon and Jaybirds are 30' max before breaking up terribly when playing music (a2dp). This on multiple phones and tablets.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score

With my old setup (razr/Sony bt headset) I got about 100 or so.

Current setup rezound /lg tones I get maybe 20 feet if I'm lucky.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My 620 has huge range on the Rezound. The 3030 is, very sadly, no more so I can't check.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score
It's definitely the Rezound, tried it with my Samsung tab 2 7.0 and range is farther with no cutting out.

marioval

Reaction score
I only have 1 Bluetooth device, kanex airblue. kanex claims it has a 33ft range, I can get maybe 10ft before the music starts to cut out. I always thought it was the kanex, now i'm not so sure.

Taco

Reaction score
With my Motorola s10HD headset I can get about 10 yards away give or take a couple feet.

Sent from my stock rooted ICS Rezound using Droid Forums!

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score
HTC rezound bluetooth 3.0
Range up to 33 feet.

Motorola Droid Razr bluetooth 4.0
Range up to 160 feet.

Yep definitely better range with the razr.

rbw62

Reaction score
A lot depends on Bluetooth version. If you have devices that run BT Ver. 3.0 the range is up to 300 ft. The new BT 4.0 is BT Smart, & BT Smart Ready, a few highend Phones come with it already.

acejavelin

Reaction score
HTC rezound bluetooth 3.0
Range up to 33 feet.

Motorola Droid Razr bluetooth 4.0
Range up to 160 feet.

Yep definitely better range with the razr.
Also, remember to get this range you will need to have BlueTooth v4.0 compliant device, otherwise with a v3.0 or earlier device the range is similar to the Rezound.

acejavelin

Reaction score
My range is pretty good with my BlueParrot Expressway. I can get just about 15-20ft LOS before it starts getting staticy.
Yeah, my Plantronics Voyager 510 is about the same, 20'-25' or so then it starts getting noisy, and that is a BlueTooth v1.2 device! Although it is pushing 5 or 6 years old and getting to a point it doesn't hold a charge like it used too, and some people are saying they hear a hiss when I am talking on it, might look at replacing it soon. We have a couple people who have tried the Voyager Pro HD and Voyager Legend from Plantronics and love them (we are a Plantronics dealer), will probably look at one of those.