droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Got this with moderate use......I think this is best I've got out a full charge with moderate/heavy use

sent from my sexy Note 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416017244971.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1416017244971.png
    301.7 KB · Views: 255

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
2 Questions. Will it mess up the battery if you charge it at 70, 60, or 50% to top it off? Will the battery work better and last longer if you use the phone until it ask to be plugged into the charger?

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!
According to experts, it's actually better to top it off. Optimal battery range for longevity of the battery life is apparently 50-80%.

Lithium ion batteries are different from the old phone batteries. It can actually decrease the life to drain it all the way or until it tells you to plug in.

Sent from my Note 4

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
My best battery life so far!

sent from my sexy Note 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416312564421.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1416312564421.png
    357.1 KB · Views: 238

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
MY Note4 seems to last forever compared to the replaced Galaxy Nexus! I think I'm a normal user (texts, Phone Calls, Browser. some games, an occasional movie, music) but do not stream music like Pandora etc. I plug it in every second morning when it is between 28% to 54% and it is usually fully charged in about 15 minutes using the provided fast charger. First two recharges I left until it went into auto power saving mode before recharge. On old phones I remember that would reset the battery %.

PS - 4g MUCH improved - so far I LOVE this thing!!

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
l forgot to mention that it is the first phone to yell at me (well give a notification) as soon as it fully charges to unplug the charger. Seems much happier when I comply. so I never leave it plugged in overnight. It loses 1%-8% during the night depending on the number of notifications or updates done then.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
MY Note4 seems to last forever compared to the replaced Galaxy Nexus! I think I'm a normal user (texts, Phone Calls, Browser. some games, an occasional movie, music) but do not stream music like Pandora etc. I plug it in every second morning when it is between 28% to 54% and it is usually fully charged in about 15 minutes using the provided fast charger. First two recharges I left until it went into auto power saving mode before recharge. On old phones I remember that would reset the battery %.

PS - 4g MUCH improved - so far I LOVE this thing!!
While it was true that you needed to "condition" older batteries, it's actually better for these lithium ion batteries if you "top off" once in a while when you're around 50% or so, or at LEAST plug in as soon as the phone says you should. They don't lose "charge memory" like the older style batteries did and will last longer if you don't let them die down too far between charges.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll need a few more days to see if this is the norm. A little less than I was used to on the Note2 and G2 but it'll do fine. I won't need to plug in until tonight. I think it'd be better had I not been in a dead zone deep inside the bowels of a hospital for about 8 hours yesterday . That's why I need more time to see how the "time without signal 3%" under cell standby affects things. It made a major difference on the Note2 with Verizon.
25674288c1ddd9944c95d23ea43e5c0a.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416663488101.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416663488101.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 227

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gonna plug it in in about an hour or 2 when I go to bed.
Not quite what my Note2 used to do but I also have been moving more data than normal adding apps and setting them up.
7f351e04074cb2306007028f38f60976.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416706626503.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416706626503.jpeg
    229.8 KB · Views: 235

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Gonna plug it in in about an hour or 2 when I go to bed.
Not quite what my Note2 used to do but I also have been moving more data than normal adding apps and setting them up.
7f351e04074cb2306007028f38f60976.jpg
That's insane. Are you sure you're using it right? Haha

Sent from my Note 4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's insane. Are you sure you're using it right? Haha

Sent from my Note 4
Starting way back on the Omnia1 I learned black is good for battery life on amoled. Very dark wallpaper, dark mode on every app possible, etc makes a huge difference in screen battery usage, thus overall battery life . Even with all black stuff I went from using 4 batteries a day on that to only 2 once I found out how amoled works. That phone made a very nice hand warmer during winter

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice results Mark..

M8 tap'd
With my Note2 we went to a campground where I had excellent reception 1 weekend. I unplugged on Friday morning about 6 am, didn't plug back in until Sunday night after 10pm with 17% left. That was amazing to me since I was so used to the battery life in craptacular recetionville. I live in a literal geographic hole so my battery life on any carrier will not be the best due to it. Even AT&T with a cell under a mile from my house is weaker than once I get off of my street.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
6 hours screen on time is great with that screen resolution. What brightness setting do you keep it on?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
6 hours screen on time is great with that screen resolution. What brightness setting do you keep it on?
Auto . I regularly got closer to 8 hours on the Note 2
wow I just discovered handwrite to text with the s pen by accident . It's even cooler than swype

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I used it a lot when I first got it. Found it by accident as well. Haven't been using it as much lately, but I am now. It's come a long way from the old Palm Pilot days. I write pretty sloppy & it does a pretty amazing job. You used to have to write exactly like their examples & wait between letters & not pick the stylus up for t's & etc.

Sent from my Note 4