How is the quality of Samsung phones?

tc1

Reaction score
Never had a Samsung phone before, well a dumb phone a million years ago.

How is the quality,reception,Gps,data radios,etc?

Have a thunderbolt now and it is garbage,besides the software problems it gets terrible reception and loses data signal a lot.

I've always like Motorola phones for there hardware. I torn between the razor and nexus hardware wise.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score
Come on...somebody has experience with Samsung.

GDP

Reaction score
Samsung has great hardware on most of their phones. I had a fascinate and although it felt kind of cheap and plasticy it was built very solid and never had any problems with it whatsoever.

I forgot, it did have trouble with the GPS signal before the Froyo update. Never could lock a signal. After the update it worked fine though

305rev305

Reaction score
I have a thunderbolt and its garbage. The data reception sucks big time...I will be getting the nexus or razr. My heart is telling me razr cause it looks awesome and I know its a strong phone (had the X) but my brains is telling me to go with the nexus (780p screen and ICS). I guess i'll wait like two weeks and hear reviews and then play with both at the store...then i'll make my mind

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
First, let me say Samsung's manufacturing prowess is incredible. Other companies compete to source Sammy's foundry for fabrication work since they have an industry reputation for quality and consistency over millions of units. Apple's reliance on Samsung for the A5 and upcoming quad-core A6 is proof enough. If you're worried about build quality, go handle an SII or Nexus S and see how you feel.

Go with the Nexus. It's the first to delete the four bottom keys and feature the largest screen on the market, the only one featuring 720p (ICS' native resolution). It's totally different from the standard Android experience, unlike the RAZR. Even after getting ICS, the RAZR won't feel like "pure" ICS, since the bottom four buttons will be redundant.

iGrizz

Reaction score
I have a Thunderbolt and love it. However after watching the Galaxy Nexus debut I really want it. I'll probably pick one up around Christmas if they release next month. That way I can read some reviews on it.

destin246

Reaction score
nexus is just ugly to me the razr is were its at

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Reaction score
I still have the fascinate, its been over a year and I still couldn't be happier. The phone itself is very light and it does have a very plastic feel to it but it doesn't bother me at all. Feels very good in the hands. I know like others there were gps issues before froyo but I've never had any problems and I have no problem using this till I can upgrade again next year.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

smokiedabong

Reaction score
[video=youtube;elKxgsrJFhw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elKxgsrJFhw&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score
First, let me say Samsung's manufacturing prowess is incredible. Other companies compete to source Sammy's foundry for fabrication work since they have an industry reputation for quality and consistency over millions of units. Apple's reliance on Samsung for the A5 and upcoming quad-core A6 is proof enough. If you're worried about build quality, go handle an SII or Nexus S and see how you feel.

Go with the Nexus. It's the first to delete the four bottom keys and feature the largest screen on the market, the only one featuring 720p (ICS' native resolution). It's totally different from the standard Android experience, unlike the RAZR. Even after getting ICS, the RAZR won't feel like "pure" ICS, since the bottom four buttons will be redundant.

Thought about that, I'm one of those people that after upgrading to ics the wasted space of the hardware buttons would drive me nuts.

But then again I don't want to buy a phone and have terrible reception issues(im looking at you HTC).

Ics and the screen is great but not at the coat of not being able to actually use the phone.

yardsale

Reaction score
I have the same dilemma. I had a D1 and loved it. I now have a Fascinate and hate it. Too buggy, freezes up, stuck with Froyo, etc. I swore I would never buy another Samsung phone but the GN with ICS has me rethinking that. I'm not necessarily rushing out to buy something so I'm hoping to see some reviews from the wild before I purchase either the GN or Razr.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I have the same dilemma. I had a D1 and loved it. I now have a Fascinate and hate it. Too buggy, freezes up, stuck with Froyo, etc. I swore I would never buy another Samsung phone but the GN with ICS has me rethinking that. I'm not necessarily rushing out to buy something so I'm hoping to see some reviews from the wild before I purchase either the GN or Razr.

Your mistake is that it's not just a Samsung phone, it's a Nexus phone. There's a huge difference since Google will be the one to send out updates and they won't just stop after 6 months. Samsung may have built the phone but Google is maintaining it which is what I think most people don't grasp. So you won't be buying a Samsung phone, you'll be buy a Nexus. :)

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Your mistake is that it's not just a Samsung phone, it's a Nexus phone. There's a huge difference since Google will be the one to send out updates and they won't just stop after 6 months. Samsung may have built the phone but Google is maintaining it which is what I think most people don't grasp. So you won't be buying a Samsung phone, you'll be buy a Nexus. :)

remind me about samsung gps, oh yeah they... Are... Hmmm... Worthless

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jerroedr

Reaction score
this is googles flagship and baby. they will address and fix all issues promptly! unlike the crappy fascinate gps and sound issues. They oversaw everything ground up. I highly doubt that the gps will be buggy, i dont doubt there will be bugs that are worked out in the first week or two. Also, that link saying there was a problem is almost a week old. Even if true, a lot could have changed.