1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How is the HTC Increible battery life compared to moto droid?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jamjr74, Apr 23, 2010.

1. jamjr74

jamjr74 Member

Just wondering hot the Incredible batter stacks up vs Moto droid?
  2. gotta have that funk

gotta have that funk New Member

the incredible isnt even out yet, why would you ask this?
  3. Sal

Sal New Member

Actually, a few lucky folks -- aside from just reviewers -- already have them. We are already getting some good early insight here and on other sites....
  4. jamjr74

jamjr74 Member

Several posters on this site have reported already receiving their Incredible. It is not out in masses yet but some do have it.
  5. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

According to the Engadget review...

"...In comparison to the Nexus One, it seemed to fare a bit worse; we could get through a day, but things were down to the wire by the end of the night. It's obvious that a lot of these widgets and background processes HTC is running are going to put a strain on your device, and given that we're pretty active with our smartphones, something is bound to give. Now keep in mind there's nothing really abnormal about the battery life on the Incredible -- it's just not going to wow you...."
  6. jamjr74

jamjr74 Member

Thats what scares me about getting it. The Droid battery isnt the best but it gets me through a 24 hr period. According to the specs the HTC is not as good.
  7. mjs31

mjs31 New Member

Come on people. Early specs and initial reviews mean nothing. Same with the Droid and pretty much every other phone. Some will have better life than others and some things will help battery life. To even give a legitimate answer to the OP question is crazy. There is absolutely no way to know at this time. Let the masses (including myself) get the phone and give some time to work the battery. Then ask the question. Kind of like how good is Jimmy Clausen in the NFL? Who knows...he was just selected and never played a down. Most had Tom Brady as a weak QB and you see what speculation gets ya....
  8. serveitup911

serveitup911 New Member

It seems like the Incredible would have less battery life than the Droid. 1) it's battery is lower capacity. 2) Running at 1 GHz vs. 550 MHz. 3) Sense UI running in background.
  9. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

Reviews are pretty meaningless.....

The real test comes through real world use.

Some live up to the hype and most do not......

I've learned to NEVER trust and believe in reviews from the big tech sites : )

Every new device thats comes out is "the best XYX device yet" and "great battery life, excellent call quality" only to fall flat when the masses get their hands on it.

It's a wait and see................
  10. jamjr74

jamjr74 Member

My question was directed at those who currently have the Incredible and have been using it for several days. I have seen posts from those who got the phone 3 days ago. Now I know I cannot get a broad battery review but what i want to know is it good, bad, ok, or terrible. Battery life is important to me as it is anyone else and before I trade in my Droid I was hoping for a little insight. Example- I got the Storm 1 when it first came out and after about 1 day I knew the battery was horrible and not for me. I assume that most that get the Incredible are coming from a Moto Droid and would be able to compare even after only a few days. Thanks
  11. junpar

junpar New Member

the specs suggests that the incredible's battery life is CRAP.
    312 minutes of 3g talk time, that's almost as bad as the iphone's. The droid's is 385 minutes of 3g talk time. It makes more of a difference when you aren't making calls so the Incredible would probably have a far less battery life than the droid.