How is the Droid better than a Desktop?

TheCrusher

Reaction score
There are times when I find myself sitting in front of my computer at work (a fast Mac Pro with dual 24" HD resolution displays, and a fast University connection), and yet I reach for my Droid for something that I need to do.

One example is Fandango, - the Droid app is a lot faster than the using the web on my desktop, despite the speed advantages of the desktop.

As a developer, I think one part of this is that building everything as a web page seriously hampers efficiency and usability. So maybe there are many examples where an app will be preferred over a web page. But I suspect there are other reasons as well.

Another example is some websites, where I prefer the mobile version over the full version.

So here's the question: When would you rather use something on your phone, even when a "real" computer is handy?

tom

texasPI

Reaction score
Hmm...same experience here. My example is accesing my mobile bank webpage. Faster and simpler than desktop version.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
The droid is a "real" computer...just smaller and more convenient...

frbooker87

Reaction score
Today my discover card page wouldn't load on my MacBook so I reached for my Droid and went to their mobile website to pay my bill. Thanks again Droid :)

backlash

Reaction score
The apps, they just make things easier/faster to check...............it fits in my pocket...........and I check anything I want, where ever (almost) I want.

JayMonster

Reaction score
You are pulling a lot less data to a custom Mobile web page than you are with the desktop edition, so depending on your network conditions, it may very well be faster, because the Droid has far less data to deal with.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
it's amazing when people first looked at the Droid, that it bore a resembalance to the OQO (oqo) handheld computer ... That didn't take off, but then it didn't make phone calls either.

They are making a second attempt.

aristo1963

Reaction score
Well to answer it using the title definition,Its much easier to use the Droid when I need to sit on my throne in my little kingdom:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

JohnnyDroid

Reaction score
Well to answer it using the title definition,Its much easier to use the Droid when I need to sit on my throne in my little kingdom:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
lol And I was wondering if I was the only one.

Weather for sure.

Getting info from my contacts but if I have to enter very much info I do the desktop gmail thing and get it done in 1/4 the time. Calender - I prefer the Droid version somehow. I've just started playing around with google Listen but already I'm thinking podcasts and Droid go together like beer and well, almost anything.

Last edited: