how is the camera?

mark5hs

Reaction score
I remember reading reviews that said that the camera lagged and didn't work well. Is it better now that there have been updates?

Mamaperk

Reaction score
I remember reading reviews that said that the camera lagged and didn't work well. Is it better now that there have been updates?
NO! I didn't get a chance to really use the camera before the first update came through because I got my DROID on 12/8 and my update came through two nights later ... but the camera/software stinks if ya ask me! Terrible! Not a deal breaker for me but I am hoping it gets better with the 2.1 update if that ever rolls out.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not a photographer, nor do I have a very keen eye for photography. Having said that it looks fine to me. I mean it is a camera on a phone, I don't expect the same pq as you would get with a regular digital camera.

Reaction score
its a PHONE...buy a $100 kodak or cybershot if you want something to take quality pics quick. no ones gonna be happy with the camera when they think they deserve dSLR quality out of a $200 or less phone.

OP
M

mark5hs

Reaction score
Alright, thanks everyone. Was just wondering... I'm probably gonna get the phone either way since it's the only android phone with a keyboard for verizon.

stdesign

Reaction score
Alright, thanks everyone. Was just wondering... I'm probably gonna get the phone either way since it's the only android phone with a keyboard for verizon.

Yeah, ummm... Be sure to try that keyboard out before you buy. Most folks either love it, or hate it.

iPirate

Reaction score
The camera doesn't lag

The camera is on a phone so not amazing quality but good with good lighting, just like every camera made

MaxBobcat

Reaction score
IMO, the droid camera is the best camera phone on the market right now for outdoor photos.

Inside photos are fine, there just needs to be ample lighting.

Mamaperk

Reaction score
Yeah, it's just a camera on a phone but when they promote the phone with a 5MP camera, dual LED flash, image stabilization and 4X digital zoom. and it still takes pretty crappy pics, I say that's a fail! and IMO, it DOES lag! My daughter has an EnV3 which takes amazing pics - way, way better than my Droid ... We have all heard the argument that it's a camera-phone but hey, the OP asked about the camera and imo, and apparently the opinion of many others, Droid camera kinda sucks! I use my digital camera for photos because the droid unless it's in bright light, just takes lousy pics most of the time. My DD is able to use her EnV3 AS her camera - it's that nice. I just expected more of the Droid.

I've tried a few other apps ... Pro5X, FX Camera, etc ... they may improve the camera slightly but still, it's pretty bad.

The VIDEO part of the Droid camera is pretty sweet however ... I prefer taking video to still pics ... LOVE it!

smokiedabong

Reaction score
The camera sucks big time . Those people who are saying that it's the best camera phone , or it's just a phone so you shouldn't expect more , they clearly didn't try any of the other 5 MP phones out there . The only thing good on this camera is video in perfect conditions , any variation from perfect lighting and you will get more noise than a 4 years old 2 MP phone .
As for low light picture or video capabilities , these are nonexistent , never meet this on any other phone in the last 3 years . If you don't believe take any other phone at your choice and try to take a video in a dark room , and then compare with the Droid , pure humiliation .

OP
M

mark5hs

Reaction score
Hmm... the flash it advertises doesn't help?

MaxBobcat

Reaction score
Here's a pic I took with my Droid. I think this is a pretty good quality pic.

20100107160917.jpg

rockinfigs

Reaction score
IMO, the droid camera is the best camera phone on the market right now for outdoor photos.

Inside photos are fine, there just needs to be ample lighting.

are you serious?? nokia n82..or any other nokia camera phones blow the droid out of the water for indoor and outdoor pics