How Is rom manager used on the x?

pego99

Reaction score
On my droid 1 the keyboard pad is used and the x key is used I can't see how to use rom manager on the dx? Can someone explain what keys to use to operate rom manager?

msu

Reaction score
So far the only thing I used it for was to flash Clockwork?? Other than that, I have not found a use for it until I read about it.

Edit: Maybe I spoke to soon. You can still use it to install certain things.

Last edited:
OP
P

pego99

Reaction score
So then how do I do a nandroid backup and restore

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

msu

Reaction score

So you are on the DX, I take it that you are rooted.
Did you install Koush Bootstrap!?? (aka:Droid X Bootstrap) You have to have that to boot into recovery. Once there, you can do your backups.

OP
P

pego99

Reaction score

Did you install Koush Bootstrap!?? (aka:Droid X Bootstrap) You have to have that to boot into recovery. Once there, you can do your backups.

OK I bought it. Which should be used bootstrap recovery or reboot recovery? How do I get instructions on use?
should i remove rom manager?

Last edited:

msu

Reaction score

OK I bought it. Which should be used bootstrap recovery or reboot recovery? How do I get instructions on use?

My knowledge is limited on Rom Manager. A search will help you out more. I used it a lot on my D1, but it can be used on the DX from what I have read. I purchased it a while back and used it a lot. You can use it to flash sbf recovery or clockwork recovery. I find myself using clockwork more.
You can use it to install stuff, yet I have not since I got my DX.

When I was rooting my DX, I used Z4root and went off this.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...oring-backups-complete-guide.html#post1029473

Also, if you decide you do not want Rom Manager you have I think 24 hours to uninstall it and get a credit back.

Last edited:
OP
P

pego99

Reaction score

I bought the Koush Bootstrap how do I use that? Which should be used bootstrap recovery or reboot recovery? How do I get instructions on use?
TIA.

msu

Reaction score

I bought the Koush Bootstrap how do I use that? Which should be used bootstrap recovery or reboot recovery? How do I get instructions on use?

TIA.

It would help to actually know where you at on the phone. Like are you already rooted? Are you stock, etc.??

To root you can do it many ways, but IMHO Z4root was the easiest, 1-click method. Better look here
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/104002-link-z4-root-app.html
Once you are rooted, you need to install bootstrap. The link above will help you with that.
There is a hot to to root on the site, so this is really the wrong area for this thread.

If you are new to this I would suggest reading up and doing some searching. I will try to help as much as I can, but I'm on the learning curve also.
Go into here and up at the top is a lot of good information
Droid X Hacks - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
Another good place to read up is here
DroidX - Wiki

There is also some info in here about stuff
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/99958-rooolers-guide-root-backup-roms-2-2-ota.html

I have not even got to Roms yet since I don't want to brick. But, I probably will jump into them soon after reading more.

Good Luck

Oh and also, I would start post your questions in one of the sections above.

Last edited:
OP
P

pego99

Reaction score

TIA.

It would help to actually know where you at on the phone. Like are you already rooted? Are you stock, etc.??

To root you can do it many ways, but IMHO Z4root was the easiest, 1-click method. Better look here
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/104002-link-z4-root-app.html
Once you are rooted, you need to install bootstrap. The link above will help you with that.
There is a hot to to root on the site, so this is really the wrong area for this thread.

If you are new to this I would suggest reading up and doing some searching. I will try to help as much as I can, but I'm on the learning curve also.
Go into here and up at the top is a lot of good information
Droid X Hacks - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
Another good place to read up is here
DroidX - Wiki

There is also some info in here about stuff
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/99958-rooolers-guide-root-backup-roms-2-2-ota.html

I have not even got to Roms yet since I don't want to brick. But, I probably will jump into them soon after reading more.

Good Luck

Oh and also, I would start post your questions in one of the sections above.

Sorry about lack of details. Yes I am rooted with z4root and I have purchased Koush bootloader and rom manager just wanted to backup my stock rom 2.2.

msu

Reaction score
Ok, follow that guide on bootstrap. Then reboot into recovery with bootstrap any will be at clockwork recovery. Then u can do your backup in there. It works similar to sbf recovery

DThomp

Reaction score
Open bootstrap, tap the top button, it will say success tap ok. Now tap reboot recovery and go from there.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk