1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

how is droidmod compared to bb?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by tktouch12, Feb 21, 2010.

1. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

i've always used bugless beasts, and i've been pretty happy, but with all this updating going on recently i'm thinking about trying *****in bagel 2.0.6. how is it? im on bb .7.6.
    it seems like bb has had the spotlight lately. basically, i just want your opinions on the two?
    thanks
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

BB (7.5) ran great for me... I did go back to DroidMod 2.0.5 however. DM 2.0.6 gave me re-boot cycling at the Moto logo for some reason.
  3. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator Theme Developer

for how long? are you ok now?
  4. ips

ips New Member

sholes/droidmod 2.06 is running great for me so far, very stable OCd to 1000 mghz. Its very snappy and I love all of the options you get on boot (and all the smoked glass love the rom gets)
  5. pthance

pthance New Member

For those of you not able to see the "check box" for allowing su access and or issues with bootlooping, your problem may be this. If you have live wallpapers on your phone, you need to install the newest version of xeudoxis’ live wallpapers from alldroid, this will include the newer 1.1 framework and should clear up your problem.

AllDroid - View topic - [release]Live Wallpapers for Droid 2.0.1 v1.1 *UPD 02/20/10*
  6. Martin030908

I did not go back to 2.0.6.

The live wallpapers were nice, but stock ones FC'd (market versions worked). Removed them.
  7. Martin030908

Tried 2.0.6 again, constant re-boot cycling for about 3 minutes, then it loaded fine. Go figure....
  8. kevin1016

kevin1016 New Member

Live Wallpapers would constantly force close on me with 2.0.6. However, they work perfectly on DM 1.0.
  9. jasonb

jasonb New Member

don't forget about AdamZ Smoked Glass roms. :)
  10. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER New Member

Do live wallpapers come with 2.0.6? How do you try them out? I had no idea...
  11. kevin1016

kevin1016 New Member

Nope, just DM 1.0.
  12. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

ya, i think i'm going to try smoked glass (or whatever adamz's is called). it looks good and there isnt any drama going on. the kernel looks really good too
  13. sweetdroid

sweetdroid New Member

My live walpapers are not interactive...I have DroidMod 1.0, only rom they have out right now...atleast that shows up in DMUpdater
  14. wilsonltsoi

wilsonltsoi New Member

i had the moto reboot issue to. I just reinstalled it and it eventually worked out.
  15. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

My thoughts on the matter:

All users should root and install a ROM (doesn't matter which one - Simply Stunning, Bugless Beast, Ultimate Droid, etc) on their phone manually before using any sort of automatic update service to do so, or at the very least read all of the guides in full.

It IS possible to make something TOO easy for one's own good, and I think this is exactly what DM does for people. It's way too easy to not know jack about anything and then screw up your phone, and not even know how to make a Nandroid backup/restore, etc.

DM offers an amazing service, and it's not the service that is the issue.
  16. solorca

solorca New Member

With the way update.zip files work now, I honestly don't know if Droidmod is any easier than anything else. I guess when you initially root it it makes things a bit earier...but not by much.
  17. pyro6128

pyro6128 New Member

it ends up costing more time in the long run though since a large amount of the people who do use dm and don't know what theyre doing end up making mistakes and end up asking a lot of questions that they would know the answer to had they taken the steps themselves. Allows you to work your own problems before you ask questions that have been answered many times.