How in the frig! did i use 7 gigs this month!!

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Ok so today my billing cycle restarts an i checked my data usage. Holy bajeebus. 7gigs...i put my phone on wifi allot an i still burned 7...man i feel like a data hog.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Just to be safe, make sure you to check your usage online under your usage details. VZW tried to charge me a fortune for going over my minutes by almost double this month. I checked the details and found they weren't counting any of my family and friends. I spent the past two nights on the phone with their reps trying to clear that up and while I was doing it, saw that they were counting all this data I was supposedly using on my tab even though that thing has been on wifi the entire month. So they had to do a lot of revisions for my bill and they wouldn't have if I hadn't happened to check on it this week.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't think I've used any more than two in one cycle - ever

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm unlimited, but since starting a new job, I use about 2 GB's per month.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
that's weird I check my bill this month it said I use 10 gigs, but when I checked data usage on each line, we only used a half gig each. We use wifi 90 percent of the time.

jayman350

Reaction score
I used over 15gigs this month, far and away the most I have ever used. I noticed that streaming the NFL red zone uses about a gig an hour (not exact, but as close as I could tell). So between streaming a couple hours of Thurs night football and a couple hours of red zone I burned a ton of data. Thank god I have unlimited data or that would have been a HUGE bill.

<tangent rant> I love how everyone is being pushed to use cloud based services to stream music, movies, etc, etc. This happened right around when all of the unlimited data plans were phased out. WTF, how on earth is anyone supposed to utilize these new features if everything is going to cost you data? And the fact that most of the games that I have on my phone almost always require a network connection, even more data being sent and received in the background. </end tangent rant> sorry about that, just needed to get that off my chest.

nikecar

Reaction score
I found that Google music eats my nattary and my data. I never went over 1.5g now I was at 4 gb. Only difference is GM.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Streaming from Pandora, Google Music, YouTube, Slacker radio, etc will eat up a boat load of data. Using netflix or other video services will also make you a data hog.

Abadus

Reaction score
that's weird I check my bill this month it said I use 10 gigs, but when I checked data usage on each line, we only used a half gig each. We use wifi 90 percent of the time.

Widget checks data usage. Online checks 3G, 4G usage. The widget will track your wifi as well.

Yeah with 4G I used like 6Gb last month. I think a lot of it is Google+ uploading pictures that I take.... That and I stopped using WiFi since I have 4G speeds that are as fast or faster than my 12mb Wifi.

xmguy

Reaction score
Most I've done is 3 Gbs in 1 month. I've used 2.8 Gbs already. (Alot of Remote TV streaming and internet radio). I have unlimited data. But even I know unlimited isn't "unlimited".