How important is lte or 4g to you?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy SII' started by nova77, Jun 14, 2011.

1. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    4g is a must...I'd never leave vze over a phone.... I'll get the next best 4g

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2. jaycemiskel

jaycemiskel Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    How anyone can say something is too fast is crazy to me lol. Your Internet can never be too fast. The extra cost is like a hundred bucks which is nothing, especially if you think about the fact that it's over 2 years. Now I can see that some might not need those speeds, but personally I would prefer them. However 4g isn't available in my area so the Galaxy SII would be my first choice but it's taking too long to come out and the rumors aren't making me hopeful that it'll be soon. Streaming will work fine on 3g but I think things would load a lot faster on 4g. I don't see how you could not be impressed by 4g whether it's true 4g or not it's still faster than most people's home connection. Just my .02.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

3. PolyOlefin

PolyOlefin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I used to want 4G really, really badly. Then the Netflix app came out for the Droid, and I found I could watch TV episodes on my lunch breaks at work without problems. Now 4G doesn't seem so necessary for me.

I'd definitely prefer 4G, but I've realized I could live with a 3G SGSII for two years, no problem. Besides, all the reviews of the SII I've read praise its battery life, which would not be the case with 4G.

Also, this is my own conclusion from reading multiple articles on the 'net, but Samsung would have to alter the chipset to accomodate 4G, thus making the phone thicker/heavier and further delaying its release on Verizon.

Come on, Verizon! Where's the SII? I'm trying to give you my money, just freakin' take it already!

4. kurumatt

kurumatt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I live in FL, and the LTE market down here has excellent coverage pretty much anywhere you go. Im in orlando 60hrs+ a week so I may as well have a 4g phone and take advantage of it.

I def would like this phone over a bionic, but it just doesnt seem as if its going to come to verizon anytime soon.

I had my hopes that the D3 would have had lte, now I'm waiting on the bionic. I will pick that up and if the s2 comes out a few months later(with lte), I'll just sell the bionic and pick up the s2.

5. loki993

loki993 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I wouldnt leave becasue if it, but if a phone doesnt have 4G it is no longer is of any interest to me. Its a dealbreaker. It can be the best thing since sliced bread, but no 4G no way. 2 years is a long time to build the 4g network. Verizon will have most major areas coverd by the end of next year I believe, so you all can pass on it if you want.

Battery life? how about just an option to turn it off, that should solve that problem.

6. DroidXDoes4G

DroidXDoes4G Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Yep.

Id take a better 3G phone over a worse 4G phone.
    I would like 4G, but it really isn't too much of a difference.
    3G plays youtube fine, netflix fine, browsing speeds are fine.
    And I am by WIFI hotspots most of the day.

Plus, battery is better with 3G.

7. loki993

loki993 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Well you all must be in good 3g areas, its been pretty terrible for me wherever Ive been.

8. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Well 3g data speed depend not only on the coverage area but the radios in a phone. I get fast 1.1mbs on the Inc2 where I would get .5 on other phones..so I am content with 3g because that is fast enough to do what I need. My cousin has the Charge and we are on the edge of the 4g area and she is only getting between 1-2mbs with her 4g phone. The Verizon map shows that we are clearly in 4g too, just on the edge of the coverage map.

9. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    4g is still young over the 2 year contract hers will be a lot faster..... and for ppl in already fast areas it might get a little slower since there will be more 4g phones

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

10. nikecar

nikecar Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I was split between an LG revolution and the Inc2. I wanted to buffer myself against outdated tech so I liked the 4G phone, but the form factor and the.speediness of the Inc2 clinched it for me. Coming from a feature phone, 3g is fine. I can understand those already with droids from the start. Next phone will be 4g no matter what

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

11. brad92

brad92 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +17
    4G will be the deciding factor on my next phone. I really want the SGS2.

SSX v2.0

12. JRParsons

JRParsons Active Member

Ratings:
    +44
    Will never go back to 3G. 4G is stupid fast. If I here a song on the radio, and I like it, it is on one of my playlists within 60 seconds sometimes within 30. For those that are not in a 4G area, you will be soon. Since 4G does not require new sites, the process is relatively quick compared to a new tower or collocation. When a new carrier expands into an area it is a slow arduous process of leasing multiple sights. This is not the case with signal upgrades, as shown by Verizon's addition of 4GLTE areas every couple of months.

Sent from my Illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Search tags for this page
how important is 4g lte
how important is lte

is 4g lte important

is lte important to a phone?
is lte important to s4
is lte necessary
things that are important to 4g users