How I'm getting better battery life and performance.

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Art Vandelay, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Just thought I'd share some things with you that have increased my battery life without sacrificing performance. I will first say that I got a brand new battery and external charger and charged it too 100% wipes battery stats, full discharge, and full recharge.

I'm using 1.2ghz lv kernal set to performance running at 800mhz. I will say performance governor is the best. You do not have the lag as you would with other governors when it wants to switch profiles. When my phone is idle, I see no unnecessary drain just BC its running at 800mhz. It seems because my phone isn't constantly switching profiles, the battery life is better. I suppose if you use performance @ 1.0ghz or greater you may have a different result. But at 800 everything runs perfectly smooth on my phone so I see no reason to go higher.

I also am using a brightness widget and set my brightness to 25% when indoors. If I'm outside and its sunny I change it to 100%. I was using auto brightness before.

That's pretty much it. Before these changes itd be lucky to get 8 hours, now I get 8 hours with heavy use and over a day with light use.

I think the key is the brightness setting, but everyone should know that the backlight is #1 battery drain. Also, I recommend everyone try performance governor. Like I said before I see no battery lose between performance and ondemand governors, but the snappiness of performance is by far superior. I've been monitoring battery temp as well and see no negative effects from the performance gov. When phone is idle over night, my temps are in the mid 80's and battery only drops 10% over 8 hours while I'm sleeping.

Sent from OG Droid sporting SS5.4 w/HoneyGingerComb and Chevy's lv1.0ghz kernal

2. bullswife98

bullswife98 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey just want to say thank you for these tips gonna give these settings a try,although, was wondering if it absolutely requires 1.0 kernal? I went with chevyno1's 1.25 Med voltage even though its Max is 1250/min125 I only have profiles set at 800 Max and 250 min(only cuz I read somewhere on here that sometimes it's hard for phone to wake when at 125 setting.) with governor at ondemand. Ssooo again does it matter which of Chevy's kernal you use?

Rooted,RZRecovery 2.0.3
    Rom: Simply Stunning v5.4
    Kernal:Chevyno1 medv250 / 1250oc
    Theme: GoLauncherEx/Theme Chooser,Optimus

3. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Member

Ratings:
    +1
    What kernal you use shouldn't matter, I'm actually using the 1.25 lv kernal (have to change my sig). The 1g kernal doesn't have an 800mhz slot from what I remember.

But yeah, try the performance setting at 800mhz, I think you'll find the experience to be better than the ondemand governor without a sacrifice of battery.

Sent from my phiremod for Nook using DroidForums

4. bullswife98

bullswife98 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Your right, 1.25 doesn't but I have a sliding scale when I set my profiles. So just cuz its Max is 1250 doesn't mean that's where I have to set it, I set it at 800/250 and am using performance now instead of ondemand.

Rooted,RZRecovery 2.0.3
    Kernal: Chevyno1,Medv250 / 1250oc

5. bullswife98

bullswife98 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    The performance is great,I see a difference already and knew I would but didn't use it for fear of battery life becoming horrible. But now that I think abt it... it does make sense. Lower your set profiles and set it at performance even though you can o/c it at max but may cost you your battery life hence you have to set it at a lower set governer, but if you use the same kernal, lower set profiles then you can run at performance and no sacrafice in battery... humph. (Scratching head) now am I correct in this way of thinking?

Rooted,RZRecovery 2.0.3
    Kernal: Chevyno1,Medv250 / 1250oc

Search tags for this page
battery life governor
best cpu governor for battery
does the performance governor drains battery
governor performance battery drain
how to improve battwry life with cpu governor
performance governor bad battery?
performance governor battery