How I Payed $299 To PreOrder The Galaxy Note 3 And Kept Unlimited Data!

Rayv

Reaction score
Thought I would give an update on my experience with this. When the phones arrived on the 10th, my plan showed I was moved to the 2g data plan. I called, they said they would fix it within 48 hours. 4 days later it is still not fixed. I called verizon and was told they denied the claim. Huh?! I have the receipt/email stating I had upgraded with unlimited AND your rep I spoke to assured me (after getting approval through her manager) this would be fixed. Now I've been on the phone for 50 min and still counting. I had them put me in touch with a supervisor who while very nice, has no idea why this is happening or why it was denied, so he now has to submit another claim and I get to wait another 48 hours to find out what they say. He was frustrated that he had to wait and couldn't fix the issue right now. He said he has no idea how others were being immediately put back on unlimited when they called with the same issue. He did offer the 6g for $30, which honestly I am not totally opposed to (I do not use much data), but they would need to waive my activation fees and apply the verizon30 discount to make up for what a mess this has been, not following through with the contract I signed up with, and wasting so far 2 hours of my time on the phone and making claims they would fix the problem, only to not fix it AND not notify me that they denied it the claim.

One really odd thing through was when I called on the 10th, the lady I spoke with said that I did not qualify to keep my unlimited plan because I upgraded through their site, and that the "glitch" was only through a third party site. The misinformation these reps have is striking. She was shocked when I sent her my email proving this was not the case.

I will update this again when I hear back.

Update: As of today I'm back on unlimited. YAY! Now I can happily go back to using my 1gb a month in data...but know that I could use more and be ok haha.

Last edited:

Carol_in_FL

Reaction score
I currently didn't have a sim card so I couldn't activate and went to the Verizon store. They said I couldn't keep my unlimited plan and both my son and I would each be put on the Max Plan -- 6 GB each for the same $29.99. I unhappily took it and went home.

Then I read your post and went to the xda developers forum. Someone there said just call Billing and tell them they made a mistake. You ordered during the "Glitch", had an order confirmation with Unlimited Data, etc. and they would change you back to unlimited in 5 minutes. Well it took longer than that but I got my Unlimited back for 2 more years. Maybe!!

Thanks for the reference to that other Forum!
Well, this is an update. I had called Billing on Friday the 11th around 5 pm Eastern time and they were supposed to put both my Note 3 and my son's Note 3 back on Unlimited Data. His went through late Monday night but mine still showed the 6GB limit. Figuring I was going to get an argument I went and printed the text I received on the 11th (see copy below). Anyway, I shouldn't have bothered. This afternoon, 10/15, I called Billing again and got a very nice lady. I explained the whole history of my order during the glitch and the screw-ups afterward and read her the text from the 11th. She said she had the very same document in front of her and she quickly put the Unlimited Data back on my phone and then I checked it on My Verizon while she was still on the line. Finally DONE -- the Unlimited is back the way the original Order Verification said it should be. Anyway the whole key was calling Billing and telling them they made a mistake -- you ordered during the "Glitch", got the Confirmation, etc., etc.
Note -- What I think is really important here is that first Verizon Billing Rep had to send a memo (or text??) called an "Inactive Pricing Request" to change my account back to Unlimited. I think since they fixed the "Glitch" the "Unlimited" is not even available to anybody as a normal choice in their system and this is what's messing things up. However, based on my experience, I think that if you keep on calling Billing they will eventually straighten it out. Good Luck to everybody still stuck on 2 or 6GB contracts that were promised Unlimited. Just be persistent and you'll get it back!Here's a copy of the Verizon Text sent on 10-11-13 --

------------------------------------------------------ 10/11/13 -------------------------------------------------

FREE VZW MSG-DO NOT REPLY: CREATED AN INACTIVE PRICING REQUEST to get the unlimited data on lines 9907 & 9908.

4:40pm

(Note: This text message was sent from Margaret BILISMA, Verizon Billing to my phone after I spoke with her on 10/11/2013 regarding their mistake in switching me from Unlimited Data when I had placed an order (and received confirmation of retaining the unlimited data) on 10/28/2013. This was during the Verizon "Glitch" weekend which permitted upgrades of existing unlimited data lines to remain unlimited.)