How I Payed $299 To PreOrder The Galaxy Note 3 And Kept Unlimited Data!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Sep 28, 2013.

1. squeak

squeak Member

Ratings:
    +26
    Tried it earlier and the option was there, now that I'm ready to make the purchase it's no longer available.

2. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +24
    There are quite a few people pointing out that they might have done this to save face with the investors. People were saying they think the Iphone didn't sell as much as they were expecting, but could be wrong. If that's the case they might have done this on purpose to get a good revenue bump before the end of the quarter which closes Monday night at 11:59PM. If it was planned we will never know, i'm sure in a couple days they will say that it was a glitch in the system but because they don't want to upset anyone that they will allow those who already did the upgrade through the glitch to keep the unlimited data. This way they make the investors happy, the people who upgraded happy. This is mere speculation of course, but someone pointed out that if this so called "glitch" happens to stop on Monday night around midnight, that it would definitely go towards that theory though because they would only want to keep the window open for as long as it makes their Q3 earnings better.

3. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +24
    Some people have stated that if you try it a couple times it might show up. Worth giving it a try a few times and seeing if it's true. Was reading the droid-life comments and someone said that it was allowing them to keep the unlimited data through the amazon store upgrade functions also. So you could also try that option.

*GRAIN OF SALT MOMENT* Some reps have stated it was a special promotion for certain account holders that still had unlimited, don't ask.. i don't know. *END GRAIN OF SALT MOMENT*

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  4. Preach2k

Preach2k DF News Team Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +362
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 4
    Twitter:
    DroidNCState
    Well it is over!!! Verizon Closes the Unlimited Data Keeping!!!
    Verizon Appears to Have Closed the Unlimited Data Keeping Extravaganza ? Droid Life

5. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Senior Member

Ratings:
    +188
    During checkout:

There is no "gray area" here -- the language is cut-and-dry. If the deals survive, it's because VZW wants them to stay that way.

-Matt

6. cdipier2

cdipier2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Damn too bad I was a week late. I got the 6gb max option for my maxx a week ago

7. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +24
    The way I looked at it was that if I did the upgrade and they cancelled the order then I'm no worse off then I was prior.

8. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Senior Member

Ratings:
    +188
    That's a good outlook -- and I'm definitely not trying to jinx anybody. Just a little annoyed by the I SIGNED A CONTRACT SO THEY CAN PRY IT FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS argument.

-Matt

9. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +24
    Well from what one person stated that they were going to be writing to all those people who took advantage of this upgrade and give them the option of either cancelling their orders or force them into the 2GB plans if they go ahead with the activation. The problem is that there were many people who upgraded their phones yesterday and today at the stores and walked out with them already activated. I'm sure they will release some sort of statement tomorrow morning on this issue.

10. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,180
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    I am wondering if I can now use the edge program next year to upgrade the phone but keep my data. I would have liked to buy at the subsidized price but didn't have the funds right now. So jumped in Edge to get the upgrade. Just wondering how that'll work next year. I might be real lucky if I can continue to upgrade yearly and keep my data.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

11. mrmark27

mrmark27 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    i'm in the same boat. I was going to be buying the Note 3 retail so worst case scenario, this purchase is cancelled and i'm still buying it retail. Hopefully, fingers crossed for us and many others, they honor the orders and we just saved ourselves $400. I guess we'll see how this plays out over the next day or 2

12. mrmark27

mrmark27 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    fwiw, when I spoke with the rep's online they seemed to be under the impression that it was a promo and not a glitch so we'll see

13. NeXtras

NeXtras Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Just to add my own opinion.. VZW is a multi million dollar company with what is most likely a big, if not huge IT team... i'm sure they are very aware that the "glitch" was there.. they would be able to see everyone who was taking advantage of this as it was happening, no doubt happening by the masses.. if big red didnt want this to happen, why wouldn't they have just shut the entire sales side of the site down? or at least the upgrade portion.. as far as the needing to try a couple times.. could be easily explained.. difference in browsers, how much traffic there was on the site etc etc

14. IN AWE

IN AWE Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Never mind

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  15. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2,679
Search tags for this page
can i use verizon30 to buy note 3