How hot is too hot?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Big D, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm rooted, Froyo, 1100 kernal and I think finally I have evrything up to snuff.

I do notice a slight increase in heat and just wondered how hot it could get without me worrying about it.

Thanks all!
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
  3. bbohannon

bbohannon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was told no more than 140 degrees Fahrenheit. My 1.1 ghz overclocked froyo ranges from 80-105.
  4. skourg3

skourg3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would imagine it depends on where you're monitoring the temps. The battery and CPU (and radio, for that matter, though I have no idea if there is a sensor there or anything) probably have different temperature thresholds. FWIW, I have my SetCPU failsafe profile set to trigger at like 52 C (which, if my math isn't retarded, is like 125 F).

Also, what's up with so much temp reporting in F on these phones? I have nothing against Fahrenheit, but computer temps are always reported in C. Someone tells me their phone is running at 120-130 degrees and my initial reaction is always a bit extreme.
  5. gotta have that funk

gotta have that funk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i always exited everything and turned the screen off to let it cool down for 5-10 minutes when it hit 45 C...i tried not to let it get over 40 C tho. i wish p3 kernels had cpu temp reporting (they dont, if he says so its a lie) i have to go by feel and battery temp now.
  6. B-Unit

B-Unit Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Battery temp is the important one. The CPU is rated to something crazy like 70C, but if you get the battery much over 45-50C, its likely to explode.