1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How hard would it be ?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by balaams_ass, Apr 14, 2010.

1. balaams_ass

balaams_ass New Member

I find that I have about 8-10 people that I regularly call or text that I'd like to keep on one home screen. Alas currently I have both direct dial and mms direct icons duplicated on two home screens.

How hard would it be to have a long press direct dial while the quick press still brings up the standard contact bubble with the various contact options. I don't mind clicking the little green face if I'm initiating a text but would really like a long press to fire up a direct dial.

Gauntlet Thrown Down
  2. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

As far as I know, there's no way to get a long-press event on an icon or widget. Long-press is reserved for selecting the widget to move it or delete it.
  3. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

I have seen apps in the market that did something similar or at least claim to. You click on a picture of the person and options pop up "call cell, text, e-mail" I even used one at one point. It was slow and buggy, but it wasn't terrible (this was prior to me overclocking though). I stopped using it because I am lame and don't really have that many people I call or text often. I don't recall the name of the app though. A quick glance on the market seems like quite a few fit the bill (kinda). I searched for "contact widget" without quotes.
  4. gavron

gavron New Member

AnyCut.

Download from market.

Enjoy.

E