How hard would it be ?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by balaams_ass, Apr 14, 2010.

1. balaams_ass

balaams_ass New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I find that I have about 8-10 people that I regularly call or text that I'd like to keep on one home screen. Alas currently I have both direct dial and mms direct icons duplicated on two home screens.

How hard would it be to have a long press direct dial while the quick press still brings up the standard contact bubble with the various contact options. I don't mind clicking the little green face if I'm initiating a text but would really like a long press to fire up a direct dial.

Gauntlet Thrown Down
  2. Se7enLC

Se7enLC Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I know, there's no way to get a long-press event on an icon or widget. Long-press is reserved for selecting the widget to move it or delete it.
  3. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    I have seen apps in the market that did something similar or at least claim to. You click on a picture of the person and options pop up "call cell, text, e-mail" I even used one at one point. It was slow and buggy, but it wasn't terrible (this was prior to me overclocking though). I stopped using it because I am lame and don't really have that many people I call or text often. I don't recall the name of the app though. A quick glance on the market seems like quite a few fit the bill (kinda). I searched for "contact widget" without quotes.
  4. gavron

gavron New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    AnyCut.

Download from market.

Enjoy.

E