How Hard Could It Be...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Wags, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Wags

Wags New Member

...to make a battery icon in the notification bar that's even remotely accurate to the true battery life? After using BatteryLife and other such applications to monitor remaining battery capacity in my DROID (1), I've seen too many instances of 40%, even 60% filled at the notification bar when the accurate apps read below 20%.

Does anyone know of an alternative or a fix? Thanks gang.
  2. _jroid

_jroid New Member

Mines pretty accurate. Nut I use Batteryminder as well, and so far it seems pretty accurate. I think its free as well.
  3. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

Do you use clockwork recovery? If you do, try the following.

1. Charge your battery until you ar satisfied that it has a full charge.
    2. Boot into recovery. Choose the "Advanced" menu option then click on the option to wipe battery stats.
    3. Reboot the phone and don't charge it until you are satisfied that the battery is as dead as you can get it.
    4. Recharge your phone completely.

I say "satisfied" because you aren't too sure if the indicator is accurate. This should help extend battery life as well. If your phone has been around the block a long time then over time the battery's "memory" starts to fade.
  4. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Famous last words of those that don't understand what they're asking about. I'm not saying that I understand either but it's not as straightforward as you think from what little I have read on the matter. And the people writing the code for the battery meter aren't just goofing off either. If it wasn't hard it you wouldn't be asking the question.