How for a noob to root and operate the incredible????

theincrediblenoob

Reaction score
Ok, I looked around and could not find a thread for exaclty what I need. I want to root and customize (All I really wanna do is overclock CPU and un-install all that useless crap it comes with so it can work faster) my htc incredible. I AM A COMPLETE NOOB. lol I do not know what most of the few letter abreviations mean or anything. I know that unrevoked just fixed the recent update issue (with 3.22) but I am a scared little noob and dont wanna mess it up. But seriously, if anyone has the time to walk me through step by step what everything is and how to do this I would really really appreciate it. Like pretend the only thing I know is how to play around on a stock razor ha. As of a week ago I didnt even know what rooting was or that you could even over clock phone CPUs. I know very basic phone and computer stuff, like how to access menus and such, thats about it. Again, help with this would be awesome, THANKS!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
T

theincrediblenoob

Reaction score
Keep in mind I would prefer to use unrevoked for its ease of use. Like I said above, just explain what the different systems I can use are (like someone said something about using a different ROM after I root or something, what is a ROM?) and how to do everything, like from start to finish. I also heard about making a backup copy of my phone, but someone said the new unrevoked wont work now since the recent patch? As you can see, I am pretty clueless, Im just gonna wait and listen.