How fast is the D3? Check this out!

Reaction score
Its gonna win all the time it's a duel core phone vs single core phones. Now they should compare it to the dx2 or ATRIX.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^I agree.

It just showing the benefits of newer tech vs older tech, thats all.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
dual-core-glbenchmark-pro.jpg

Here is another example of how fast the Processor is.
The LG Optimous 3D uses the same as the D3.

1. OMAP 4
2. Exynos
3. Tegra 2
4. Tegra 2

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The highest comments on that video are so stupid..
The point of the video was to show speeds without 4G to obviously to show the processors/OS running on each, not 3G/4G connectivity. Doesn't take a genius to know 4G is faster.

Reaction score
The iphone is a year old so the processor is a year old so should not be compared. The Droid 3 is a 3g phone so should not be compared to the 4g thunderbolt. The DROID 3 should be compared to the DROID x2. Both are 3g and duel core. I can't remember if the ATRIX is 4g or 3g.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I bet apple is extremely pleased that such an "old" device is still being compared to brand new dual core phones. It shows how solid the iPhone really is.

OP
K

km75

Reaction score
I agree that it would of been better if they compared devices that were similar in specs. But a lot of people have been asking how fast the phone is. So I think it was a good indicator for those individuals to go off nonetheless.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The iphone is a year old so the processor is a year old so should not be compared. The Droid 3 is a 3g phone so should not be compared to the 4g thunderbolt. The DROID 3 should be compared to the DROID x2. Both are 3g and duel core. I can't remember if the ATRIX is 4g or 3g.

I agree to a point, but the point of the video is to still help people decide on what phone they want. While iPhone has been out for a while, plently of casual phone users still want to get it. It's videos like this that can change peoples minds on deciding on the "wrong" phone. It shows strong points and week points. And to the 4g point, again, not everyone has 4g. What if someone in a 3g only area is thinking about the TB and the D3? This helps decide. Or people that travel a lot and won't really be able to use 4G. The point of the video isn't to show off data speeds. Seems pretty obvious to me. Sure it's not "fair" for the phones themselves, but it's fair for the people watching deciding on a phone.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Ya you are right. Still like to see it against the dx2.