It's next to impossible to scratch the Droid. Take a look at this video:

[video=youtube;eh2g7AIHdc8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh2g7AIHdc8[/video]

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's next to impossible to scratch the Droid. Take a look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh2g7AIHdc8
I WISH to god you were right. But, I am looking at MY DROID and I SEE a scratch. I've been wiping it for several minutes and ITS A SCRATCH. just because theres 1 video out there stating 1 thing doesn't make it true.....

Oh I see. Do the video of this guy taking keys and brutally scratching his Droid doesn't prove my point that it is NEXT to impossible to scratch a Droid. I didn't say it couldn't be scratched, certainly if you take a diamond to it or possibly some sand it can get scratched. But it's very rare. Sorry you were one of the unlucky ones.

bpad10

Reaction score
I will try to take a picture of it and upload it after work tonight. I dont have high res camera, but will try....

I'm perplexed and frustrated. I dropped it several weeks ago and came away with just a few scuff marks on the corners.

I had it in my pocket for several hours. No keys or coins. I don't understand how or why either, but it's there. approx. 1 inch and i can only see it on an angle.

AlanN

Reaction score
Naked and scratch free.
My first phone had the protectors from day one. I'm about a month on phone two and I haven't used a protector on it at all. I saw the gorilla glass clips on the internet (Google for them) and decided I didn't need a protector. I've read the posts where folks have scratched them though. The phone always goes in the same pocket, and nothing else goes in there except the phone.

Exactly how I treat mine although I have Invisible Sheild covering the rest of the phone which is much more likely to scratch!

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
That video makes me sad Tigger.... :(

lol but that's what happened to mine when I dropped it on the pavement, it landed like with the screen facing down and slid like 2 feet on it's screen...

Only thing that was scratched was the sides that surround the screen....

yuggyp

Reaction score
Dropped mine yesterday and its scratched quite badly and case is dented only dropped a foot or so

So pissed off but my bad for believing the hype I guess...

big_adventure

Reaction score
I have a scratch on mine - it is incredibly shallow and invisible in nearly any conditions, but it is there. I have a feeling that it happened the one time my wife carried my phone for a few hours - she put it in her coat pocket on a cold day, and she wears diamonds on both hands.

However, I've dropped the thing on the floor, and my kids have THROWN it on tile, concrete and sidewalk. The black is a tiny bit chipped up, but the screen has never suffered a mark from that. The battery has shot out when the door has popped, and the SIM even ejected once, so it's not like it has been babied.

Last edited:

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I have a scratch on mine - it is incredibly shallow and invisible in nearly any conditions, but it is there. I have a feeling that it happened the one time my wife carried my phone for a few hours - she put it in her coat pocket on a cold day, and she wears diamonds on both hands.

However, I've dropped the thing on the floor, and my kids have THROWN it on tile, concrete and sidewalk. The black is a tiny bit chipped up, but the screen has never suffered a mark from that. The battery has shot out when the door has popped, and the SIM even ejected once, so it's not like it has been babied.

Remind me to never let you borrow my electronics hahaha

yoshibr

Reaction score
two weeks ago, before brazillian "Carnaval", I crashed my car and my milestone was recharging connected to my car... the case just broke at one of the edges, but the screen was intact...

one week later i gave it to my mom to put it in the dock station because i wasn't going home with them... when i picked up the 'stone the screen had a little scratch, probably caused by some keys she had in her bag... :mad:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Mines been naked since 11/11...perfect screen

Benno

Reaction score
I got milestone like in january, and till now no scratch!
Im 16 and well, my previous phones are all scratched to hell, broken screens etc, and this one 3 months and nothing :)
No screen protector or case or nothing, just in my jeans pocket ^^.