How does your Incredible handle being dropped?

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by rsarno, Jun 2, 2010.

1. rsarno

rsarno Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are they super delicate? I would presumably get some sort of case for it, but i do love to have my slab phones with nothing but a screen protector typically

I was thinking because its plastic and not metal and heavy as a brick like the Moto Droid (which i currently have) it will be much lighter and not hit the ground as hard when it falls? I think Newton did a study on this lol ...

Anyhow, so how delicate/fragile are they?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  2. R24D24

R24D24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't really have a newton like answer for you, but I can say that mine has been just fine. Like anyone, I drop my phone from time to time and I have not noticed anything cracked, broken, or scratched.

I think most high end phones these days are constructed reasonably well and can handle "normal" wear and tear. I have seen "scratch" tests done on the glass, sides, and back, but how do we truly simulate drops, bumps, etc?

Unless you have a job in which you knock your phone around a lot, or are just dropping your phone all the time, you'll be fine. If one of those are the case, you probably want a durable case, or a different style phone.

I do have to throw in that after having the iphone, moto droid, and now the Inc, that the iphone and moto droid had dead pixel problems after I dropped them one time. Nothing like that with the Inc.

3. cybertec69

cybertec69 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +113
    The reason there is no dead pixel problem with the Incredible as you had with the other two phones, is because the other two used a TFT LCD screen "liquid cryatals", and the Incredible uses an OLED screen "Organic Light Emitted Diodes screen" no crystals to damage, that's why you can view the Inc. from a sharp angle an you don't lose any contrast like and LCD phone.

4. rsarno

rsarno Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Or a 2yr old that thinks daddy's phone is the newest toy in the house? lol

Search tags for this page

dropped incredible phone on ground

dropped my htc droid incredible

i dropped my htc incredible s on to hard ground any problems