1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How does this rom compare to BB or SS?

Discussion in 'LithiumMod' started by jlaidlaw, Jun 20, 2010.

1. jlaidlaw

jlaidlaw New Member

I have flashed BB v0.1 - v0.2.1 and now am on SS 4.1. I just wanted to know how this rom plays out amongst the other froyo roms available. On SS, I noticed it was a lot smoother than BB but had lower Quadrant scores than BB. I believe BB is a lot less smooth because of all the tweaks that pete has done. So, what are Kangerade's Quadrant scores and linpacks looking like on Kangerade compared to BB and SS. If anyone has flashed all three roms or two of the roms, can you please tell us the differences you have noticed between the roms?
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

Kangerade for me has been sluggish. But that's just been my experience, not sure about others.
  3. jlaidlaw

jlaidlaw New Member

Thanks for the quick response. What froyo rom have you found to be the most stable thus far? For me, I feel like Chevy's SS has been very stable but I haven't really tried anything other than Bugless Beast. Also, is Kangerade more about the theme than the performance of the rom?
  4. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

Hmm can't really reccommend one to you, although I did try one of Chevy's 2.0.1 roms back in the day and it was fast. You probably cant go wrong with his.
  5. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

BB has been nothing but problems since Pete began his experimental phase... Haven't done SS 4.1 yet, but it is on my todo list.

I am currently using Kangerade and am VERY happy with it.. but I am currently getting 1200 on Quandrant (with 1.25GHz kernel ChevnyNo1)... I know, pretty sad... but alas, I am shrugging it off easily. This ROM is by far stable for Froyo... I dare you to find a more Stable ROM :p
  6. jlaidlaw

jlaidlaw New Member

Yeah, I have really loved Bugless Beast since 2.0.1 but Pete has been trying out some very experimental stuff that he should have released to a test group instead of publicly. I really think his rom is still the best performance wise because I got quadrant scores around 1600-1700. In SS, I got quadrant scores around 1200-1300 so the same as Kangerade. I feel like Pete will still surprise me with his rom when a more stable source comes out but for now I want a stable rom. It seems like SS and Kangerade are stable and really its just about the theme so I might flash Kangerade tomorrow seeing as the themes look very good. Thanks for sharing your experience.
  7. jlaidlaw

jlaidlaw New Member

I have yet to test out SS on a full day of battery, but how is the battery life with Kangerade?
  8. zerosouls

Yea, it's funny, on pete's first Froyo ROM I got a 1689 on quadrant. I was impressed, even posted about it. But that's nothing compared to actually being able to use Froyo... I'm letting pete do his thing because, why not? He's learning lot's compared to me...

I praise him and everyone willing to dip their feet into froyo.. But at the end of the day?

JRUMMY: You have satisfied my Froyo needs beyond comparison. I will now do 5 droid dances for you:
    dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Stick with Jrummy for now for your main is my advice, and keep an eye on the rest cause it's interesting.
  9. tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur New Member

i just got a 1159 score on a 1ghz kernal (p3droid)

and it has been very stable for me but you might have a different experience than others
  10. zerosouls

Sorry girly... I forgot to mention I'm getting about the same on quadrant for Kangerade...... if someone can fix? I like you... but if you can't? I'm using Kangerade and I will... not punch you lol :p
  11. tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur New Member

im not a girl and what are you talking about you confused me
  12. jlaidlaw

jlaidlaw New Member

Yeah, I have no idea....
  13. zerosouls

Woah LOL.. Sorry, my fiancé decided to make some 'modifications' to my comments. Upon review, that makes no sense at all ROFL..

Sigh, we like each other but..... nevermind :icon_ banana:
  14. tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur New Member

:rofl3:...interesting
  15. BACAbone

BACAbone New Member

i have been running the cyan Kangerade for days with 1.25ghz kernel and my two Quadrant scores were both in the 1630's as of last night
  16. WAHarris

WAHarris New Member

You can never go wrong with JRummy, I have always been happy with the performance and themes of his roms. I am running Kangerade Blue with Chevy's ULV 1.1GHz kernel and getting Quadrant scores around 1500 consistently.
  17. wolfpack_lamb

wolfpack_lamb New Member

So far this rom is my favorite. I love being able to easily switch the themes by just installing another version over my current install. There are very few bugs that I have found and it seems to run cooler and faster than the other roms. Bugless beast had too many problems and I wasn't a big fan of the look of simply stunning. You can't go wrong with this rom.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  18. Kmart95

Kmart95 New Member

Been running Kangerade since it first came out and have never had any issues with it
  19. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

Sounds about right, maybe a tad low but in the right area. My spare Droid that is running the actual SBF flash file with P3's 1.2Ghz kernel I get about 1670 on average. Highest I got out of it was 1712.

I currently just flashed the Cyan Kangerade ROM to my daily droid and still have it on the sotck kernel at 800Mhz. After 2 Quadrant runs right now I got a 1045 on the first run, and the second 1167. That said anyone running a 1Ghz or higher kernel should be getting well over 1200-1300 on Quadrant.

Be that as it all may so far so good on the Kangerade ROM and I've been putting it to the tests today like no tomorrow and all is holding up very well.
  20. LrdElderon

LrdElderon New Member

I am on SS 4.1 running jdlfg 7 slot 1.2 ghz kernel. I've had quadrant scores max about 1710 ish.

Really these froyo roms atm are really all exactly the same, the only difference is in what scripts/apps they added or removed and what theme the user picked to install.

It probably comes down to kernels as to performance scores... that and how good you are at cleaning out apps you don't need (makes a HUGE difference).