How does the Ally compare to the Droid?

ned4spd8874

Reaction score
So, I'm fed up with my Droid and don't want it anymore. I am on my 6th one and I can't stand these continuous problems. I went to Verizon today to see what they could do and they said that either they can give me yet another Droid or a LG Ally.

From what they are telling me, the only difference is the camera. Which, that's what it looks like from what I can see online too. However, I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around that since there is a $100 difference! I paid $200 for my Droid 7 months ago. And the Ally is selling for $50! I feel like I'm getting swindled here.

Any input out there?

cromo8

Reaction score
if they are offering you a diff phone, get the x

OP
ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874

Reaction score

doiderg

Reaction score
What kind of problems did u have with Droid?

Sent from my Droid

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
The only thing i can tell you is that the keyboard would be pretty good. I had two LG phones before my droid, an enV1 and Voyager and they both had amazing keyboards. Lg tends to make great keyboards for phones.

cromo8

Reaction score
just call customer service again and say ur tired of the phone breaking they should send you over a different one

OP
ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874

Reaction score
What kind of problems did u have with Droid?

Sent from my Droid

The main problems are sometimes it won't make a call. The phone is responsive, but I have to reboot to call. I have to reboot to use the GPS. It rebooted on me twice the other night while talking to my girlfriend. I am getting constant "Force Close, Wait, Report" pop ups. It deleted all of my messages. I tried to make a phone call yesterday and half way through entering the numbers in, it froze. Shall I go on?

R_G

Reaction score
i had the ally and i did not like it because of the screen and also the lg is kinda rounded and i like the squareness of the droid.
LG has better keyboard
LG has lg home and android home. Lg home is kinda like htc sense UI.

pbdroid

Reaction score
Girlfriend's got the Ally. It's a cheap imitation of King Droid. Not as responsive and definitely not as kick ass.

What is it with VZW/Asurion offering people a cheap Android device for Droid claims. I read somewhere someone was offered an Eris too. Take the Droid or hold out for a Droid X/2.

Take the Ally, and the next thing you know they'll EOL that and offer you a knock off flip phone someone donated to charity.!!!

Last edited:
OP
ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874

Reaction score
On the phone with them now and they say that they can send me a "factory certified" Incredible. I know it's a better phone than the Droid. But I'm not so sure. I don't like the re-certified angle of it for one. What does the community think?

Should I take what's behind door #1 or try for a bigger prize?

mcapozzi

Reaction score
On the phone with them now and they say that they can send me a "factory certified" Incredible. I know it's a better phone than the Droid. But I'm not so sure. I don't like the re-certified angle of it for one. What does the community think?

Should I take what's behind door #1 or try for a bigger prize?

Well if I went through that many Droids (I'm still on my first, and I love the thing). I would take my chances with an Incredible over an Ally. With some of the complaints I've been reading about the Incredible, it might be better that it is a refurb since the QC at HTC seems to be lacking as of late.

I would take an hour and read the Incredible forum and see if you could live with some of the "issues" people are bringing up. That being said, most people are very happy with their Incredibles.

I definitely wouldn't bother with an Ally, it is the same chip as the Palm Pixi and Motorola Devour (ok, but not great).

-Mike