How does GN's screen brightness compare to Droid1?

rjsurfer

Reaction score
Well my original Droid 1 is slowly giving up the ghost, now all of the four button lights are out now so it's time for the Nexus to step up to the plate. Does anyone know if the Nexus screen will be easier to read outside than the original Droid? it sort of disappears when in bright sun.

Thanks

Ron W.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well my original Droid 1 is slowly giving up the ghost, now all of the four button lights are out now so it's time for the Nexus to step up to the plate. Does anyone know if the Nexus screen will be easier to read outside than the original Droid? it sort of disappears when in bright sun.

Thanks

Ron W.

No one know for sure yet, but it should be significantly better.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Isn't the Gnex screen pentile? My d3 is pentile and it still looks great in direct sunlight. I'm hoping whatever changes were made on this screen with resolution and what not don't make it harder to see in the sun.

Ricardo_r21

Reaction score
P3droid tweeted earlier that outdoor viewing is easy (on a sunny day where he was)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
P3droid tweeted earlier that outdoor viewing is easy (on a sunny day where he was)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

That's good news. I was hoping for Bionic like outdoor visibility combined with hd clarity. Sounds like maybe Google and Sammy delivered :)

Creed

Reaction score
Completely unrelated, I know, but why do so many forum-goers at AndroidCentral hate p3droid so much? From what I can tell he seems to be sharing a lot of information about these devices and apparently is in the process of writing a review as well creating a video hands on as well with the LTE version but despite his efforts he seems to be a target for criticism and more. I only started reading his posts when Sbenson posted his video of the boot-up and the side-by-side comparison with the other phones but I still can't see why the hate could be warranted.

Thanks for your answers :)

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Completely unrelated, I know, but why do so many forum-goers at AndroidCentral hate p3droid so much? From what I can tell he seems to be sharing a lot of information about these devices and apparently is in the process of writing a review as well creating a video hands on as well with the LTE version but despite his efforts he seems to be a target for criticism and more. I only started reading his posts when Sbenson posted his video of the boot-up and the side-by-side comparison with the other phones but I still can't see why the hate could be warranted.

Thanks for your answers :)

Apparently he's got a bit of a reputation for being a jerk. He seems to get his hands of tech early and rubs it in people's faces. I guess over the years, it's pissed a lot of people off. Anyway, he's giving us a scoop on the Nexus so I could care less...

Creed

Reaction score
Apparently he's got a bit of a reputation for being a jerk. He seems to get his hands of tech early and rubs it in people's faces. I guess over the years, it's pissed a lot of people off. Anyway, he's giving us a scoop on the Nexus so I could care less...

Yeah, that is how I feel but after seeing so many threads pop up on androidcentral I thought there must be something more than, "He has something I don't!" going on.

Also, everyone says Panda is the best but so far as I can tell, p3droid is doing far more as far informing us about the nexus than Panda is.

pyro6128

Reaction score
That's good news. I was hoping for Bionic like outdoor visibility combined with hd clarity. Sounds like maybe Google and Sammy delivered :)

Yea increased clarity with excellet direct sunlight viewing? This phone gets better and better. Announce the damn date already!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk