1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How does Droid 3 stack up against iPhone 4S?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by thinkmega, Dec 4, 2011.

1. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

I have been using Droid 1, for almost 2 years now. One of the biggest issues I have is the "latency" problem: many times I find the phone really slow when I want to use its core function, accept a call or dial out. Taking advise from this forum, I've been rebooting the phone daily. Sometimes it behaves ok, and there have been enough times I feel it is really slow.

Now it is time to think what to get for the next two years. Frankly my iPhone friends told me that they seldom reboot the phone to make it behave. Is there any Droid new comer stack up against iPhone 4S competitively? Any suggestion what should be a good replacement for D1?

Thanks!
  2. matt_tarpy

matt_tarpy New Member

I have the DROID X2 and I have had only one problem with it but Verizon fixed it for me. However I think iPhones and Droid

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  3. matt_tarpy

matt_tarpy New Member

Are similar matched but iPhone may be a tad better. However I think what it boils down to is do you like the Apple sit up or the DROID set up better?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  4. wildbill86

wildbill86 New Member

We have no problem with my wifes D3. A lot more memory than the D1, so no problems with the phone being slow.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  5. busab

busab New Member

I don't have a Droid 3 but I do have a iPhone 4S along with my Razr. I believe what your friends tell you is very much true. The apple iOS is buttery smooth no matter what it seems and never or very rarely seems to need a reboot although my Razr never really needs a reboot either. The 4S camera is way way way better than my Razr's camera. I assume that would hold true for the Droid 3. The iPhone also has much better games.

With that being said I find Android to be a much more functional OS and also faster overall especially at web browsing. My Razr is no where near as fluid as the iPhone but it doesn't bog down at all. Personally while the 4S is a VERY nice phone I would still give the win to Android.

Do what I did and give them both a try. I am sending the iPhone back this week and keeping my Razr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  6. tbever

tbever New Member

I have a OG Droid as well, similar issues. Currently running SS. I generally reboot daily which seems to help. There are a few programs that seem to be memory hogs and slow the phone down. I think the lack of memory is the main limiting feature, otherwise I have really enjoyed the OG Droid. I am too lazy/can't be bothered to do some of the wipe/reset techniques posted in other threads to get this thing running smoothly again b/c it is a pain to restore all the data/settings to get it working the way I like it. I used to like to mess around with other Roms but now I just want it to work. I can live with it the way it is, just waiting for the nexus or possibly D4. Seriously considering waiting for iphone 5 but can't wait another 6-8 months for that.
  7. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

The issues you are having with your OG is what all OG DROID owners are starting to have right now. You're phone is getting old, and the hardware isn't up to kicks anymore. So I wouldn't label the D1 as the phone to judge the Android OS with.

With that said the D3 is going to be a night and day thing. The RAM is not only doubled but is DDR2, and you're getting a dual core 1GHz CPU. The iPhone 4S has similar specs, but I believe the CPU is underclocked to 800MHz.

It ultimately comes down to what you want. You can't really go wrong with either one, but personally I wouldn't pick the iPhone 4S because:

1.) Doesn't have LTE (I live in an LTE area and LOVE it)
    2.) 3.5" screen is just too small
    3.) I don't like the idea of having to use iTunes

My Dad's work gave him an iPad2, and I will say it operates VERY smoothly.

The D4 is coming out soon supposedly. Increased the RAM to 1GB and gives you LTE. Plus a slight bump in CPU speed.

Either way I don't think you'll be disappointed.
  8. B-Unit

B-Unit New Member

Yea, I feel part of the fustration of many D1 owners is GB. Yes, we got it on, but the reality is that the OG just doesn't have enuf memory to make it work right. Im going back to Froyo when I get a chance this week, just to see if my thoughts are right.
Search tags for this page

what does a droid x2 have that a iphone 4s does not

what is the problem with my iphone 4s it has been stack?