How do YOU use Smart Actions?

wwcnut

Reaction score
The best use for Smart Actions that I have is to do things such as:
1. Turn my phone to vibrate when I am at church based on the location and time triggers.
2. Turn my phone to vibrate when I am at a meeting at work based on the location trigger and my outlook calendar status.
3. Turn my phone to silent allow background syncing turn on Wifi when charging at night and the allow audible rings from my VIP list if it is family assuming that if they call me at night they have a good reason.

However since the Verizon version of ICS smart actions is quirky and will not always program correctly (will not save a new rule). I have to use a suggested action then edit it extensively. It worked like a charm under GB.

Last edited:

aktrazer

Reaction score
The best use for Smart Actions that I have is to do things such as:
1. Turn my phone to vibrate when I am at church based on the location and time triggers.
2. Turn my phone to vibrate when I am at a meeting at work based on the location trigger and my outlook calendar status.
3. Turn my phone to silent allow background syncing turn on Wifi when charging at night and the allow audible rings from my VIP list if it is family assuming that if they call me at night they have a good reason.

However since the Verizon version of ICS smart actions is quirky and will not always program correctly (will not save a new rule). I have to use a suggested action then edit it extensively. It worked like a charm under GB.

I use it frequently.
1- Auto-silent when I get to work (location rule) and it's between 8am-5pm
2- Synced to my Exchange server so when I have meeting scheduled it will automatically reply to calls and texts with the meeting I'm in along with projected end time. (This is AWESOME)
3- After 10pm it automatically goes on silent when I'm at home (location rule)
4- When I go to sporting events (minor league baseball or NHL, I live in NC) it automatically turns off WiFi and turns the brightness all the way up along with the volume and vibrate.
5- When I'm driving (connected to dock) it will auto respond to text messages telling them that I am driving and will return their message shortly.

These are about the only ways I use them but it makes my life easier for sure! :)