How do YOU use Smart Actions?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This is how I have mine set up.. I usually use a charging reminder too, but with gsam doing that.... I don't use charging reminder anymore.

rherron

Reaction score
When I get in my car in the afternoon I automatically text my wife to say I am on the way home from work.

At night when there is no movement the ringer is silenced. Also no data sync.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
night (10PM - 5AM) and charging
turn off wi-fi, turn off bluetooth, turn off background sync, gps off, cellular off

any wi-fi connection found
cellular off
Lets say you apply this as a Smart Action, but then decided to go out for an evening and don't come home until 2 AM but meanwhile need GPS enabled (for Google Navigation) to get home. Is there some way to override this IF connected to your car dock? Can one Smart Action take priority over another?

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
JOSHSKORN said:
Lets say you apply this as a Smart Action, but then decided to go out for an evening and don't come home until 2 AM but meanwhile need GPS enabled (for Google Navigation) to get home. Is there some way to override this IF connected to your car dock? Can one Smart Action take priority over another?

I think you can have it set for when the screen is off and the phone is not moving within the same smart action.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
The only one that I have found beneficial is to turn off data when wifi is switched on. I actually tried a location trigger to turn on wifi when I am at home based on GPS location. But it never seems to want to shut wifi off when I leave home.

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
Garemlin said:
The only one that I have found beneficial is to turn off data when wifi is switched on. I actually tried a location trigger to turn on wifi when I am at home based on GPS location. But it never seems to want to shut wifi off when I leave home.

I had the same problem. If you leave wifi on, it will connect when I get home anyway. Kinda defeats the purpose.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I had the same problem. If you leave wifi on, it will connect when I get home anyway. Kinda defeats the purpose.

True but I find sometimes it has a hard time handing off from wifi to the network if I leave wifi on.

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
Garemlin said:
True but I find sometimes it has a hard time handing off from wifi to the network if I leave wifi on.

I have read that many people have the same problem. Or not switching between 3g and 4g. I have been very lucky thus far. Transitions from wifi to cellular data and between 3g and 4g have been very smooth and easy.

CtrlZ

Reaction score
Here are screen shots of mine. I used it before, but it saves me big time with ICS.

tc1

Reaction score
Smart actions is one of the things I really miss about having a razr.

Yeah I know there are other apps that can do the same thing, but the ones I have tried have not been nearly as smooth or easy as smart actions.

It's also one of the reasons I put my rezound on craigslist in order to go back to one.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
rjeatkrconley said:
I have read that many people have the same problem. Or not switching between 3g and 4g. I have been very lucky thus far. Transitions from wifi to cellular data and between 3g and 4g have been very smooth and easy.

I've noticed that as well. I see quite a few people complaining about hand offs while others, like mine, have been impeccable since I first got the phone.

Perhaps it has something to do with the towers in a particular location's: age, equipment, surrounding structures.

Or perhaps certain individual phones/batches of phones have difficulties.

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
zomnomnombie said:
I've noticed that as well. I see quite a few people complaining about hand offs while others, like mine, have been impeccable since I first got the phone.

Perhaps it has something to do with the towers in a particular location's: age, equipment, surrounding structures.

Or perhaps certain individual phones/batches of phones have difficulties.

I got my RAZR in December. My wife just got one. So far hers has been as rock solid as mine...

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
JOSHSKORN said:
Does it know when you LEAVE work to automatically undo these actions?

Are you using location trigger or connection via wifi...

With location trigger you may have to trick it by driving a mile or so(pull over) then setting a location trigger to reverse everything.

I use my works Wi-Fi, when connected to its network it will run the actions, when I get out of range it reverts ...

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Grievous said:
Tasker will let you automate just about anything. Especially if you are rooted.
There's a free trial version available on thier website.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsIm5ldC5kaW5nbGlzY2guYW5kcm9pZC50YXNrZXJtIl0.

Tasker is awesome, used it on the d1, but haven't seen a need for it on the MAXX, also not very "noob" friendly as it required alot of "figuring out"..

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
rjeatkrconley said:

Look for Verizon's "auto-Wi-Fi " in the market. It uses cellular location turn wifi on/off... in conjunction with smart actions it great