how do you use ninja morph?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by emic, Nov 11, 2010.

1. emic

emic New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't seem to find a guide....I tried to change the battery icon in the revolution themed version of lfy 1.9 but couldn't get past a bootloop once I was done and reset the device...I've checked xda and here looking for a ninja morph guide but to no avail. If anyone knows where to look it would be much appreciated. I'm basically trying to alter some pngs in the framework res...is that possible with ninja morph? Thanks, emic.

2. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    It is possible, I just did it yesterday - can you explain in some detail exactly what you are doing ?

3. emic

emic New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I started a new project in ninja morph, selected the hdpi drawable folder as my folder to change, then selected the first png to change (system_status_battery_0 or something like that), I then selected the image I had previously pulled from an ult droid theme (manup's circle batt) which also had the same name as the initial icon, clicked yes when it asked me if I wanted to replace x with y and then proceeded through the rest of the icons. Now, lfy 1.9 has icons for batt levels 0, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, etc while the icon set I had saved measured only in increments 20 %....so I renamed a copy of the 40 as 30, 60 as 50, etc so that all icons had an icon to replace it with. After going through the process of swapping out the icons I clicked finish and clicked yes to zip align and then ninja morph rebooted the phone. It went into a loop right when the boot animation started. I thought maybe zip aligning was the prob, so I didn't do it the second time but I received the same result. I wonder if it has anything to do with the copied icons or what, I've got nothin.

4. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    This would be easier to trouble shoot if we were in the same room - it seems you are doing everything right, sometimes N/M just doesn't play nice

Have you thought about pulling the framework-res.apk and manually replacing the .png's via a computer ?

This is something I could easily walk you through :)

5. emic

emic New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's something I'm going to try when I get home - I'm at work now...thanks a lot for the help / guidance, it is very much appreciated. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow...thanks again

6. emic

emic New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ohhhhh, you meant without using nm at all...well, I could def use a walkthrough then....I'm completely clueless when it comes to that sort of thing. Any help down that road would be GREATLY appreciated...thanks!

7. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    Obviously your Droid is rooted so that is out of the way -

You will need Root Explorer in the Market (it costs a few dollars but it the last file explorer you will ever need) and on your computer you will need 7zip (free software).

In Root Explorer navigate to system/framework and longpress framework-res.apk and select "copy" and go to "sd card" and "paste" then mount yor device to a computer via USB -

Drag the framework-res to your computer and with 7zip "open archive" and navigate to res/drawable-hdpi and drag your .png's into the folder - when you are done you can put your framework-res into an update.zip and flash it via recovery -

To use an update.zip just open it and put the framework-res in the system/framework folder and get the update.zip to the root of your SD card and boot into recovery then choose select update.zip from SD and install -

There are other folders on an update.zip that can be used for system/apps and system/media or you can leave them empty - they cause no harm, and update.zip files can be used over and over - they are recovery specific so I will upload one of each depending on your recovery of choice

Any other questions just ask

Search tags for this page
cara menggunakan ninja morph
cara menggunakan ninjamorph

how to use ninja morph

how to use ninjamorph

how to use ninjamorph in sgy
ninjamorph guide
ninjamorph tutorial
ninjamorph xda
what does ninjamorph do
what is ninjamorph