How do you use CM updater?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by killabyte, Apr 22, 2010.

1. killabyte

killabyte Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    right now i'm on a plain jane 2.0.1 rooted rom. i've downloaded cm updater from the marketplace. i open it and it says no roms found. i click update and it doesn't find anything. i downloaded cyanogen_sholes-ota-eng.koush_5.0.6.2.zip and place that in the cmupdater\updates folder and it still doesn't find anything.

how the heck are you supposed to use this thing?

2. killabyte

killabyte Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    i renamed it update.zip and installed it that way. dunno why the updater wouldn't work. after i installed it though there was no icon for the marketplace so i could use the updater to pull in some themes.

3. killabyte

killabyte Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    i dont see what's so interesting about this cyanogen. all the stuff you need isn't there and their forum doesn't seem to have very friendly how to's for people new to their rom. i imagine it's probably all in that updater program and i probably missed out on some prompts from installing it the way i did.

4. serveitup911

serveitup911 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm pretty sure the CMUpdater program is only for the HTC Dream/Magic (T-Mobile G1).

For the Droid, the program you are looking for to get automated updates is "ROM Manager".

Search tags for this page
cm updater doesn't work
cm updater nedir

cm updater no updates found

cmupdater
cmupdater doesnt work
cmupdater no icon
cmupdater where to put folder galaxy s4
folder cmupdater

how does cm updater work

using cmupdater